OnPlayerUpdate problem

Heey

I have a problem:

I put this in OnPlayerUpdate:

PHP код:
public OnPlayerUpdate(){
    new 
string[128], playeridFloat:ratio floatdiv(PlayerInfo[playerid][Kills], PlayerInfo[playerid][Deaths]);

format(stringsizeof(string), "~y~Score: ~w~%d~n~~y~Money: ~w~$%d~n~~y~Kills: ~w~%d~n~~y~Deaths: ~w~%d~n~~y~K/D Ratio: ~w~%0.2f"GetPlayerScore(playerid), GetPlayerMoney(playerid), PlayerInfo[playerid][Kills], PlayerInfo[playerid][Deaths], ratio);

TextDrawSetString(Textdraw[playerid], string);

TextDrawShowForPlayer(playeridTextdraw[playerid]);
return 
1;} 
That's what it looks like.

But It don't show the textdraw. When I put it in OnPlayerSpawn it shows up but then it don't update.

Yesterday it worked in OnPlayerUpdate.

You forgot the playerid parameter:
pawn Код:
public OnPlayerUpdate(playerid)
And then delete the "playerid"-symbol you created with "new", that method wont work at all.
Then finally, delete the TextDrawShowForPlayer and place it under OnPlayerSpawn.

Haha you can see my sign

Do you really want to put that on OnPlayerUpdate? That callback is called numerous times a second.
And 2% knowledge of Pawn, you say? Are you sure you didn't just pluck a random low number out the air?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivatioBoni
Посмотреть сообщение
Do you really want to put that on OnPlayerUpdate? That callback is called numerous times a second.
And 2% knowledge of Pawn, you say? Are you sure you didn't just pluck a random low number out the air?
What you mean? 0%?

instead of using it on OnPlayerUpdate try it on this:-

pawn Код:
new UpdatingTimer[MAX_PLAYERS];

public OnPlayerConnect(playerid)
{
   UpdatingTimer[playerid] = SetTimerEx("UpdatePlayer", 1000, true, "i", playerid);
   return 1;
}

public OnPlayerDisconnect(playerid)
{
   KillTimer(UpdatingTimer[playerid]);
   return 1;
}

forward UpdatePlayer(playerid);
public UpdatePlayer(playerid);
{
   new string[128], playerid, Float:ratio = floatdiv(PlayerInfo[playerid][Kills], PlayerInfo[playerid][Deaths]);
   format(string, sizeof(string), "~y~Score: ~w~%d~n~~y~Money: ~w~$%d~n~~y~Kills: ~w~%d~n~~y~Deaths: ~w~%d~n~~y~K/D Ratio: ~w~%0.2f", GetPlayerScore(playerid), GetPlayerMoney(playerid), PlayerInfo[playerid][Kills], PlayerInfo[playerid][Deaths], ratio);
   TextDrawSetString(Textdraw[playerid], string);
   TextDrawShowForPlayer(playerid, Textdraw[playerid]);
   return 1;
}

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReD_HunTeR
Посмотреть сообщение
instead of using it on OnPlayerUpdate try it on this:-

pawn Код:
new UpdatingTimer[MAX_PLAYERS];

public OnPlayerConnect(playerid)
{
   UpdatingTimer[playerid] = SetTimerEx("UpdatePlayer", 1000, true, "i", playerid);
   return 1;
}

public OnPlayerDisconnect(playerid)
{
   KillTimer(UpdatingTimer[playerid]);
   return 1;
}

forward UpdatePlayer(playerid);
public UpdatePlayer(playerid);
{
   new string[128], playerid, Float:ratio = floatdiv(PlayerInfo[playerid][Kills], PlayerInfo[playerid][Deaths]);
   format(string, sizeof(string), "~y~Score: ~w~%d~n~~y~Money: ~w~$%d~n~~y~Kills: ~w~%d~n~~y~Deaths: ~w~%d~n~~y~K/D Ratio: ~w~%0.2f", GetPlayerScore(playerid), GetPlayerMoney(playerid), PlayerInfo[playerid][Kills], PlayerInfo[playerid][Deaths], ratio);
   return 1;
}
It is already fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantje
Посмотреть сообщение
It is already fixed
I actually can't consider that code "fixed" when it starts calling 30 times a second and you start lagging, listen to what he says and don't put it under OPU.

It doesn't even need a timer. You can just call that function whenever one of those variables updates. OnPlayerUpdate is not your one-size-fits-all general timer. Do not use timers if you can avoid them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
It doesn't even need a timer. You can just call that function whenever one of those variables updates. OnPlayerUpdate is not your one-size-fits-all general timer. Do not use timers if you can avoid them.
That is the best way just make it a function like this then call that whenever you need an update.

pawn Код:
UpdateTextDrawStats(playerid)
{
    return 1;
}