Peer to peer could be more smoother?

why don't sa-mp team try the advantage of peer to peer network [as it's more players more smooth] ?
i heard that gta iv uses it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peer-to-peer

I believe thats untrue, if GTA:IV does use it, then its horrid, as the sync in GTA:IV is terrible. And I'm not saying that because I don't like the game, the MP sync really is horrible compared to SA-MP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaTochNietDan
I believe thats untrue, if GTA:IV does use it, then its horrid, as the sync in GTA:IV is terrible. And I'm not saying that because I don't like the game, the MP sync really is horrible compared to SA-MP.
well it's still on xbox and ps3 ,pc is more power and faster also you could compare peer to peer to normal system peer to peer lot faster

Downfall about peer to peer is the fact it could be you who is actually hosting you just dont know and if you disconnect thats it host ended game which cna be annoying gta iv sucks anyway bad graphics ok gameplay

Peer to Peer does not scale very well with large amounts of players. Home connections are limited in the amount of bandwidth. It is much more efficient to have your bandwidth-limited client to send data to the server which then sends it to everyone.

The sync in GTA IV works a lot better then the SA-MP sync to me...

if sa-mp would be peer to peer, u could hack more ..

Also...i thought ultra latent connections can trounce gameplay for everyone else in a P2P environment

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersouse
Also...i thought ultra latent connections can trounce gameplay for everyone else in a P2P environment
true.

1 laggy player will force all the other players computers to wait for his data to reach them before they can draw his player on screen.
Therefore increasing their ping because of the extra time taken up waiting for the laggy guys data.

(I think)

Well, sa-mp has a good network code already, but on my opinion as sa-mp is a bit old already, i guess the network code would be old as well now, so i would really suggest to stock up the code on the newest version of the netcode, that would fix little bit of lagg and such, but i am not sure as i dont really know how sa-mp's source has been made and on what its based on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |>Extremo<|
Well, sa-mp has a good network code already, but on my opinion as sa-mp is a bit old already, i guess the network code would be old as well now, so i would really suggest to stock up the code on the newest version of the netcode, that would fix little bit of lagg and such, but i am not sure as i dont really know how sa-mp's source has been made and on what its based on.
then wtf are you talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaTochNietDan
I think GTAIV on PC will us the DirectPlay API. ;x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y_Leѕѕ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ξezombia
It's also got a fraction of the players and isn't third party hacked in, that could have nothing at all to do with the network type. Anyway, peer-to-peer would have no good way to determine what data to send to who and you would have masses more upload which would be far slower.
well your kinda talking about Fully P2P why don't you make server acts same as Client Put it's the only handler of the gamemode the sync works in players the gamemode and others in the server .

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNeoncore
well your kinda talking about Fully P2P why don't you make server acts same as Client Put it's the only handler of the gamemode the sync works in players the gamemode and others in the server .
wat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersouse
wat?
lol, worst thread this week, kaiser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNeoncore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y_Leѕѕ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ξezombia
It's also got a fraction of the players and isn't third party hacked in, that could have nothing at all to do with the network type. Anyway, peer-to-peer would have no good way to determine what data to send to who and you would have masses more upload which would be far slower.
This is why you dont make post's when your drunk ...