Cracked Laptop Screen: How much does it cost to replace it?

Hi SA-MP members, I have a laptop with a cracked screen, I was wondering how much does it cost me to replace the screen, anyone experienced this before?

I have expirienced this before. It costs around 250$ to fix only the broken screen. I assume that with your screen breaking your black bulb got fcked up aswell. Which costs around 350$.

You'll have to decide for yourself whether you want to get it fixed, depending on the value of your laptop. If it was expensive you may want to get it fixed, but if it costed $400 you may just want to buy a new laptop. You can recuperate some parts like the HDD and the RAM from the old laptop to re-use them (or sell them).

I've worked in a computer repair shop for 2 months and I've had to replace a screen just once. Was about Ђ 150 if I remember correctly. Still more challenging than re-installing the 42nd overheated Vista laptop.

The best way to find out how much it would cost still is to go to a shop and ask them. (At least here in europe) the prices they tell you usually are binding.

Alternatively you can still use it as desktop PC if you got a spare monitor. Detach the broken screen so it doesnt block your view then.

The thing is that those prices that rest guys are saying are not valid. You can buy a laptop's screen online and at a cheap price and replace it yourself with just around 50 - 150$. Don't got to those repair shops, they want you to have deep pockets.

It costs 60-200$. Depends on the model.

I broke once my computer screen, and I've spent 70€ in a new TFT-LCD screen to replace the old one.
If you know how to replace screens, the price is a bit expensive, yet it's cheaper than moving your ass to a technician.

Just a tip: If your screen keeps working, with a white light in the background, that means the inverter of the screen is still working.
So, you just need to fix the screen, not the inverter(If your model don't have the inverter introduced in the screen).
If you're going to take your pc to a technician, don't let him get more money from you with "repairing another components", because you just broke your screen, not the webcam, nor the mic(if it's near the webcam), or anything else.

I once got angry and hit my dad's laptop screen, when I saw the black huge spot, 10 years of my life just went away in that few second of fear.

Anyways, he just bought the used screen from a cheap repair shop and paid like 150 bucks if not less. I have no idea what these guys above are talking about, they're probably fixing their laptops in Apple store or something. Don't go for brand shops, find some geeks with small shops where they sell parts, and ask them if they can get the screen for you, or you can buy it off ebay and ask them to attach it, probably for 30-50 bucks plus the screen price.

by yourself like 30 bucks. Shops: 100+

eBay/amazon Ј45 at the most standard 15.6" 1366x768