IP Update System.

Hey all, i was wondering if you guys can help me a little. In my /information command there is obiviously ip of the server but my the ip keeps on changing time to time since not hosted can anyone help me so that the ip gets auto updated by the server upon its change? I got no idea about it so please take my little request.

What kind of server are you running? Is it home-hosted? What kind of ip's are you seeing?

Its home hosted dude and i am using UG-RP by Carrot

What ouput does your /information command give you? Just copy the full output.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithis
Посмотреть сообщение
ℓoℓ.

He meant, He is having a command /information in that his server ip is shown but its home hosted, So IP changed so he wants that when the server ip changes, In information box or message the ip changes automatically.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm not sure if you understood what he meant. He wants to find a way to update the server IP because it's home hosted and his IP changes. He's looking for a way to update the IP instead of opening the script and replacing the old with the new IP.

I don't think that's possible. The only idea I came up with is using bind in server.cfg and everytime you need to start the server to change the IP. Then the script can read its value and pass it as argument in your command's information. But it's pretty much the same thing.

I got your point but dont know if its exactly what i meant. Anyways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantinos
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm not sure if you understood what he meant. He wants to find a way to update the server IP because it's home hosted and his IP changes. He's looking for a way to update the IP instead of opening the script and replacing the old with the new IP.

I don't think that's possible. The only idea I came up with is using bind in server.cfg and everytime you need to start the server to change the IP. Then the script can read its value and pass it as argument in your command's information. But it's pretty much the same thing.
It hasn't really been clear what he's asking so hence i am trying to help him by asking him about it.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
It hasn't really been clear what he's asking so hence i am trying to help him by asking him about it.
I meant the fix isnt possible as what i expected, and for the point he has unterstood it the best bro anyway thanks for trying.