Question about the 'General' section of the forum.

It's just a short question but even though the post is deleted now, it still amazes me that an advert for a server host (triangle.gs in particular) was able to stay in the section for ages. Is this because it is different when advertising something free, or just that nobody really had a problem with it? I personally didn't have a problem with it, I was just surprised it wasn't deleted earlier. And I just wanted to see if anyone else noticed that.

I think the “General” section is designed for general SA-MP discussions rather than advertising different platforms. And yeah, it stayed for quite a good time, but I think it has been trashed.

this is no democracy!

Advertisement threads stay if the mods like them.
Obviously suff like

"Try ma new freee hoster. Its awesum.

www.somerandomandextremelylongdomainname.com"

get deleted, but theres no problem with posting a well-written presentation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxthefish
Посмотреть сообщение
this is no democracy!
I lol'd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
Advertisement threads stay if the mods like them.
Obviously suff like

"Try ma new freee hoster. Its awesum.

www.somerandomandextremelylongdomainname.com"

get deleted, but theres no problem with posting a well-written presentation.
So if I were to post an ad for a free samp related service in the section such as free hosting, it would be permitted so long as it is well written, because if so that is actually a great way of going around it.

Well at least my post was deleted quicker than the triangle.gs one was. I'm not sure what I am hurt more by, my carefully written post being deleted or the irony.

It is indeed quote ironic that you make this thread then try it for yourself. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivatioBoni
Посмотреть сообщение
It is indeed quote ironic that you make this thread then try it for yourself. :P
Well I made the thread just in case people oppose those kinds of topics, if everyone responded by saying it was deleted because it was against the rules etc. I would never of posted it, better to make sure before you post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewerthRoleplay
Посмотреть сообщение
Well I made the thread just in case people oppose those kinds of topics, if everyone responded by saying it was deleted because it was against the rules etc. I would never of posted it, better to make sure before you post.
Completely fair enough. I'm not 100% sure why SA:MP remove these threads but I'm sure they have their reasons. They don't really hurt anyone though, but as long as the free host in question has a website and a place for queries and questions, they don't really need to be on this forum. You can advertise in your signature too, of course.

Well the reason is that you are advertizing a company and SA-MP will remove it because you are gaining people like that and they don't like that you can always ask permission for it but its like advertizing a server to gain players.

No internet business will allow this to happen. Cause you are getting an advantage and they are getting a disadvantage.