Chances of unique servers to stay alive?

What title says. Will it be high or low? Will it rock the platform or stay idle? Or is it more of a rock-n-fall type?

Unique servers = genres/ideas which were never introduced or completed and launched as a server in SA-MP.

Well, ask yourself this, Will you rather play on a unique server or a boring edited gamemode hosted by an 12 year old?
Players will obviously rather play on an unique script so an unique server will obviously stay alive longer than an edit.
BUT it also depends on the people that play on the server.If I join an unique server and everyone there is assholes, I will leave.And unique servers don't stay unique for long, later on they are stressed out and just download a script thinking that one script won't do a thing and at the end, the whole server is full of downloaded scripts witch does not make them unique.

As long as they stay "unique".

It all depends, it's kind of hard to do servers that are completely unique because you are limited to the objects found within San Andreas. These objects are all based around the 90s and so doing a science fiction server for instance won't work. Of course one could re-texture but it would require a massive amount of work. I don't think modding .img files will be very attractive either.

However, as long as they are unique and have some content that the user can work with I'm sure that it would manage to stay alive. The possibility for it to be successful is impossible to tell.

"unique" is not important anymore in sa-mp. they don't give a shit about "unique" anymore. they only play on a server that has a lot of players. doesnt matter it's ngrp, gfrp, ravenrp.

If your server script is unique but run poorly, it won't survive. It's not all about the script, it's not all about the players, it's not all about the administration - it's a combination. They all have to work well together.

'unique' is an overrated term, why does something have to be unique to be able to enjoy it? Give me a fun 16/16 TDM map/gamemode and I'll be fine for hours. Just because something is unique doesn't necessarily mean it's fun or that people want to play it, instead you should be focusing on two things: (1) Is what I created easy to understand for everyone and (2) will it keep people entertained?

If you've really got something new, something original, you'll be fine with the second point. I've seen multiple servers having some really cool stuff, but failing to bring it in a way that's easy to understand for everyone. Players will generally join your server because they want to be entertained, not because they want to spend hours trying to understand complex features.

Take a look at Hostile Core Roleplay for example, truly an amazing server with stuff I've never seen before or thought of. The problem with it was that everything was too different from known roleplay servers that nobody really had a clue about what to do, and it died.

tl;dr: 'unique' don't mean shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiddos
Посмотреть сообщение
'unique' don't mean shit
Yeah.

I don't know ... From my experience players seem to migrate between servers that are alike. This makes it easier for them to gain an advantage because they already know how stuff works. Especially roleplay oriented servers with lots of commands, lots of places to go and different ways to gain score/money/whatever. Taxis are found at Unity Station, materials are found at the big orange building in East LS, the drug boat arrives at a pier in SF, etc. Predictable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potassium
Посмотреть сообщение
If your server script is unique but run poorly, it won't survive. It's not all about the script, it's not all about the players, it's not all about the administration - it's a combination. They all have to work well together.
I could not agree with you more, they all play a major part in the server, you take one of them out and BOOM. That's how certain RP servers have made it others, and same goes for Freemode servers ETC.