A Cool Forum

hello guys do you know an cool forum for my server ? because i have just created a smf forum and he got hacked
same thing yo mybb so ?

MyBB could be hacked too if you use weak passwords like 12345.

Most free forum softwares can be hacked since the source code is publically available. Obviously paid software is the way to go for security.

look my signature i can't do anything any free forum ?

That's all I can say really, just try what software works for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewerthRoleplay
Посмотреть сообщение
That's all I can say really, just try what software works for you.
ok thx for your help Newer

any others ?

Well obviously I'm not just going to go ahead and advertise my CMS and forum software haha. However we are developing a hosted version of the script which will be free with branding etc. However you will have no access to the files if that helps you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewerthRoleplay
Посмотреть сообщение
Most free forum softwares can be hacked since the source code is publically available. Obviously paid software is the way to go for security.
That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. No offence but you really need to think before you speak.
Anything can be hacked and mybb especially is one of the most secure forum softwares there is to be yet it's free. You'll be amazed to see how much exploits a paid software like vBulletin have.
It all comes down to the webmaster's experience in the end.

calm down guys i just want an free forum that's all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miado_Hulk
Посмотреть сообщение
That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. No offence but you really need to think before you speak.
Anything can be hacked and mybb especially is one of the most secure forum softwares there is to be yet it's free. You'll be amazed to see how much exploits a paid software like vBulletin have.
It all comes down to the webmaster's experience in the end.
First of all I said most so I never said that mybb could be hacked. I just stated that it would be easier, also I know how many exploits the top paid forum software's have. It's just since they have obfuscated code it is harder for people to know exactly how the majority of the software works, where as if you are using an open-source project you can see all the code and therefore easier to exploit.