SA-MP on windows 98SE

So yeah, i got problems whit sa-mp 0.3a-z that they install just fine on the windows 98 , but when i connect to an server = the loading bar goes to about half way and then stops. The screen is white all the time and it gives an error ( not the same code all the times ). I thought that when GTA sa works just fine in windows 98 Secon Edition, that samp should also work. I tryed meny times on other computers and reinstalling GTA sa, but it won't run on windows 98. Any solutions ?

I'm assuming that your pc can't work correctly with Windows 7.You should install Windows XP.

I am an windows 98 enthusiast and the specs : 1 gb ram , 2 ghz CPU, 150gb hdd and 1 gb graphics.

You should upgrade to windows XP or eventual upgrade your PC. If your PC is that bad you could buy a new one like I did, windows 98 is barely supported anywhere anymore so I suggest you to upgrade. You can set the windows 98 theme at XP too.

and if you need an OS a tiny bit faster than XP try Server 2003, however to be used as a workstation some settings eg. acceleration/enable some services/disable shutdown event tracker and it ships without MS Java VM which can be installed. all drivers for xp 32 will install on server 2003 32 and i will quote someone:
Quote:

but the catch is a few programs
will not install on a Server (or as they sometimes call it a ".NET
Server" operating system). Luckily these are mostly blocks on .MSI
files and there are included fixes in *censored*
to get around this blocking of installation. Once installed, the apps
work just as they do on XP and it is often the case that the only
reason you couldn't use the program on Server 2003 was the MSI file
that installs the program was coded to deliberately refuse to install
on a Server operating system. For EXE files there is also a fix,
using "Application Verifier" to fool whatever you're installing
into thinking the OS is XP SP3.

but in general you should run XP.

I won't use windows server OS. I just stick to win 98 and xp

Windows 98 Second edition is barely supported anymore and less and less programs will not work on 98 after microsoft discontinued support in 2006. in all honesty im actually kinda surprised sa-mp supports it, but if you cant get it to work try running it on KernelEx (A program for 98SE and older versions), if that doesnt work try using a different PC or upgrade your current to XP, or even buy a new one, i dont have any computers with 98 second edition anymore so im not quite sure how to fix it, sorry

"Upgrade" to XP? Please. Windows XP is nearing the end of its lifetime as well. Support and updates end in April.

Windows 98SE? I don't think you can run games with that old of a PC... Or at-least any decent games... A tip, upgrade to Windows XP before it's too late...

Now this is strange, I though about this today aswell, would SAMP run on Win98, cuz to be fair, Win 98 is all you need for PC use, each next version in basic is just graphical update and supporting more RAM, the only thing what is missing is NTFS, but I believe there is some patches for that aswell.

As far as I know; GTA SA minimum OS requirement is win2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
View Post
"Upgrade" to XP? Please. Windows XP is nearing the end of its lifetime as well. Support and updates end in April.
I know but seeing as how old his computer is (running win98 se), its likely only able to run on XP, plus you have to upgrade to windows xp if you want to also upgrade to windows vista, windows 7 or windows 8 (I think? correct me if i am wrong)

I have been using kernelex for quite a few years now, but it dosen't help the problem. And meny programs like firefox did supports win 98 2 years back (whit extended kernelex). Cuz singleplayer GTA sa works, so i thought that sa-mp should aswell and it is just a 10 mb program...

I hope you're joking, no one should even be running XP at this point, it's EOL in April. Windows 98 is vulnerable as all hell.

I'm askin how to get sa-mp work on windows 98. NOT that i should upgrade it. Ansers please