SA:MP server doesn't respond, showing only ping

Hay

Maybe someone have had the same issue, but this is really strange.
I got VPS on which I have forum/TS and samp server, but strangest is that I can access forum/TS,ftp etc,
but I can't connect to samp server, all needed ports is open, all firewall settings is adjusted.

samp client show only ping, as you can see in 1st image, when I refresh it show ping as it should, but nothing more.

This is how it should look, I use VPN to access it. ( no my IP is not firewalled, as I can access everything, except samp server )

Its 0.3x R2 server and R2 client, and its not just me, many players have the same issue, I even tried to disable firewall no effect, I have tried to change samp server port, nothing helps, only thing I can think is that ddos firewall filtering it wrongly, any other ideas?

No thats a normal issue many people have that its samp problem not your computer now mine works fine after i changed computers.
For some people it works for some not this is samp problem most probally they will fix on next update.
Its nothing to do with your vps or firewalls.
This error mostly comes with ports like 7777 or starting with 7.

Your VPN has that particular UDP port firewalled. Ask them to remove any port blocks on UDP protocol and it should act normal like always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark™
View Post
Your VPN has that particular UDP port firewalled. Ask them to remove any port blocks on UDP protocol and it should act normal like always.
I already tried to change different ports, doesn't help, for testing even setup 0.3e server, same result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikey07
View Post
I already tried to change different ports, doesn't help, for testing even setup 0.3e server, same result.
Maybe all UDP based communication is firewalled. Turn off the VPN and try with your home connection, if you're successful then it clearly implies that your VPN has blocked UDP protocol, if this turns out to be the situation, contact them. VPNs usually block UDP protocol to avoid misuse of their service for DoS/DDoS attacks and those type of activities and the reason you're about to browse websites and forums without any issue is because websites/forums transfer data via TCP protocol which is never blocked and kept open.

I already try with home connection, I use VPN to connect to it at all, but avast vpn trial just ran out, so I have to find a permanent fix.

you have the server added by it's hostname also, remove all other server favs from your list

Just for an update, issue was in the ddos firewall, it was filtering udp ports too "accurate"