I would like some thoughts on this...

Hey everyone, i'm currently 15 years old, soon to be 16. I'm at my sophomore year in New Jersey, and I am graduating on 2016. So naturally, being as I am, I like to plan things ahead specially when it comes to college/university. I have been thinking, and I would really like to study in Australia. More specifically, in Brisbane.

So I'm asking you guys, preferably if you live in Brisbane or any part of Australia, is it nice there? How's the people there? Do you have some videos to show me? I've seen some and it reminds me of a seaside resort in my home country, Uruguay. (South America in case you didn't know that)

Also some anecdotes or stories about stuff there, maybe compared to the U.S/other countries.

Hola mi amigo! lol What's point of going to Australia anyway dude. There are much better places to study right here in the US.

As you grow plans tend to fuck up, wait until then and see if you are ready to go.

Yes, yes, yes. I live in Sydney and I love Brisbane. Do it.

It's nice there, but studying in Brisbane (or rather Australia) as an International Student is very $$$$$$$.

Thank you guys for the replies, and I was just thinking that.

The process of getting a visa, the tickets, and the university cost itself would be pretty expensive, and idk if my parents could keep up with such costs, and eventually, me living there.

It is still an opportunity, and as it progresses I will continue to evaluate it realistically.

Also, the Sydney guy , could you post some video of yours in Brisbane, or even Australia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galileo
View Post
Thank you guys for the replies, and I was just thinking that.

The process of getting a visa, the tickets, and the university cost itself would be pretty expensive, and idk if my parents could keep up with such costs, and eventually, me living there.

It is still an opportunity, and as it progresses I will continue to evaluate it realistically.

Also, the Sydney guy , could you post some video of yours in Brisbane, or even Australia?
I don't have any, but there are millions on the Internet

I'm from Canberra, Australia, and it is the shittest place in the world. Just kidding, it's only the shittest place in Australia. Stay away from here.

Fortunately I'm moving to Melbourne next year which is 10/10 and has lots of cool stuff. And Justin Bieber performed here at the start of the month and that was one of the best nights of my life. And also Potassium doesn't live here which is a plus. Go to Melbourne.

Also see this: http://www.studyinaustralia.gov.au/
And note that most Australians' uni fees are heavily subsidised and the rest of the payment can be deferred, but this isn't available to international students, so you'll have to cough up some (lots of) dolla dolla.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ev0lution$YOLO$
View Post
I'm from Canberra, Australia, and it is the shittest place in the world. Just kidding, it's only the shittest place in Australia. Stay away from here.

Fortunately I'm moving to Melbourne next year which is 10/10 and has lots of cool stuff. And Justin Bieber performed here at the start of the month and that was one of the best nights of my life. And also Potassium doesn't live here which is a plus. Go to Melbourne.

Also see this: http://www.studyinaustralia.gov.au/
And note that most Australians' uni fees are heavily subsidised and the rest of the payment can be deferred, but this isn't available to international students, so you'll have to cough up some (lots of) dolla dolla.
i love u

Brisbane is awesome, I've been many times. The only other place in Australia I would live besides Perth :P Also I'm pretty sure the University of Queensland is one of the best in the world, so good luck with you studies