Client doesn't show any servers

Hi,

I've downloaded SAMP 0.3x client today and started it.
But on the hosted tab anbd on the internet tab aren't any servers listed.
It appears to be searching for them, as the client flickers a little but it doesn't show any servers.

Also, reverting back to 0.3c, which always worked for me, doesn't show anything.
Only my Favorites are shown.

What could be wrong?

And yes, I'm connected to the internet, otherwise I wouldn't be able to post this topic.

EDIT:
Sometimes when switching through the tabs, the internet list displays some odd stuff.
On the bottom of the screen it said a few times: 8 players, playing on 0 servers.
And sometimes only 1 server is listed.
When switching a few times, the list is gone again.

Very strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaBlizzard
View Post
Hi,

I've downloaded SAMP 0.3x client today and started it.
But on the hosted tab anbd on the internet tab aren't any servers listed.
It appears to be searching for them, as the client flickers a little but it doesn't show any servers.

Also, reverting back to 0.3c, which always worked for me, doesn't show anything.
Only my Favorites are shown.

What could be wrong?

And yes, I'm connected to the internet, otherwise I wouldn't be able to post this topic.

EDIT:
Sometimes when switching through the tabs, the internet list displays some odd stuff.
On the bottom of the screen it said a few times: 8 players, playing on 0 servers.
And sometimes only 1 server is listed.
When switching a few times, the list is gone again.

Very strange.
Download the latest version of samp the r2 or something
Try reinstall it and also when you add a ip address in samp what happens does anything show up?
It can also be something you installed like you installed a mod in samp or when you installed samp you missed some files also what windows version are you using?
Did samp work on your pc before?

Maybe your internet is slow and it just takes some time until it loads look at the bottom of samp when going to hosted tab does it show that its trying to find servers or not?

It's a fresh install of GTA SA, without any mods at all.
I downloaded the client yesterday and installed it today.

The client works, as I can connect to my old, private server at home, which has been converted to 0.3x.
Only the internet tab and hosted tab are empty or show maximum 1 server.

Also, our internet is broadband from Telenet Belgium, I can get download speeds of 7.4 Mbytes/second.
So it's far from slow.

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium on an up-to-date gaming pc, which can run every game at max settings easily.

Hosted tab now shows:
"Servers: 84 players, playing on 1 servers. (150 player slots available)"

Just after I clicked the tab, one server shows up and the list of servers keeps refreshing for about 10 seconds as it flashes, but only 1 server (or none at all) shows up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaBlizzard
View Post
It's a fresh install of GTA SA.
I downloaded the client yesterday and installed it today.

The client works, as I can connect to my old, private server at home, which has been converted to 0.3x.
Only the internet tab and hosted tab are empty or show maximum 1 server.

Also, our internet is broadband from Telenet Belgium, I can get download speeds of 7.4 Mbytes/second.
So it's far from slow.

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium on an up-to-date gaming pc, which can run every game at max settings easily.
When you updated your samp did you just install it or deleted or uninstalled the old samp?

I recommend you to uninstall the samp you have now and then do a computer search for all the files on samp and delete all of them and then install samp again.

It can be that you left few files in the old version of samp before update and something went wrong.

Warning if you remove all files the favorite list will go so make a backup of that.

I had 0.3c before, as my old server was written in it.
I also had a separate folder where the original GTA SA was installed, which is renamed.
I made a copy of that folder, renamed all other folders to something else and named the new folder the way it should be (as if you installed a fresh GTA SA).
I installed 0.3x in that new folder.

So, all files in the new folder are like the fresh install of GTA SA, together with all the files of SAMP 0.3x.

I just opened the internet tab again and it was empty.
However, when pressing F5 repeatedly, servers are beginning to show up, one by one.
Sometimes I need to press F5 about 10 times before a new server is added to the list.

EDIT: Just pressing F5 a few times starts the download of all servers, just slow as hell.
One server is added every few seconds.
This will take time to show a big list.

Up to 55 servers have shown up just yet, most of them are just empty, LOL.
142 players in 55 servers, with 2601 slots available.

Are your computer plugins and everything up to date it looks like there a problem with your computer drivers because it is automatic update list

something on your end is blocking access to it. Have yo looked at your router settings?

Router hasn't been changed in years, configuration is exactly the same as it was 5 years ago.
I can play any online game just fine (have been playing AION for over a year), it's only the samp server list that's updated slowly.

EDIT:
Just finished setting up port-forwarding both routers as home.
Port 7777 is completely open, as I've checked it with PF Port Forward utility from www.portforward.com.
I don't know if it's required, but nothing else could block samp.
Firewall also has a rule to allow samp internet connection.