Packet Loss?

I've been experiencing quite the terrible packet loss. Anyway besides contacting the ISP for resolutions or is that the only way?

Are you being attacked? Is there someone with a motive to attack you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchurmanCQC
Посмотреть сообщение
Are you being attacked? Is there someone with a motive to attack you?
Oh. I know a whole community that has the motive to attack me. However, it isn't a legitimate denial of service attack.

Did you already try resetting your modem/router?

Especially modems tend to go slow & get a lot of packet loss after some days of staying online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MM]IKKE
Посмотреть сообщение
Did you already try resetting your modem/router?

Especially modems tend to go slow & get a lot of packet loss after some days of staying online.
I've tried unplugging my modem for thirty seconds. That didn't do much help at all except seem to make it more difficult.

If you have a bandwidth limit and you've gone over your "cap" then this could be a cause for packet loss. Other than that and a DoS attack it might be time for a new modem, they can get old pretty quickly.

Check out your cabling.

How did you determine you're having packetloss, and did you test it on multiple locations?

Is it to only one location/server? have you tested multiple sites and or locations to see?

If its behaving that way for the majority of sites, i would suggest contacting your ISP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColorHost-Kevin
Посмотреть сообщение
Is it to only one location/server? have you tested multiple sites and or locations to see?

If its behaving that way for the majority of sites, i would suggest contacting your ISP.
Site testing, command prompt testing, all locations and different servers.