Maybe it's the most convenient syntax for pawn

During my work in SA:MP I have developed I think a lot of useful things. And this is one of them.
You know, for example you can write this:

PHP Code:
public OnPlayerConnect(playerid)
{

Player[playerid][Player_Connected] = true;

Player[playerid][Player_Money] = 1000;

SetPlayerPos(playerid0.00.00.0);

But I suggest you write this:

PHP Code:
public OnPlayerConnect(player)
{

Player.Connected true;

Player.Money 1000;

player.SetPos(0.00.00.0);

I know, it looks strange. But can you imagine how convenient it is? And fortunately it's possible. I think it will save your time because you will write less. I should add that this is not all. If you like this trend, I'll tell all my ideas about it and show how they can be implemented.

Thank you.

i'm looking at you're catalog and it's empty..

anyway, how is this convenient?

Yes, you're right, I don't often write in our forum.

If you have a large amount of code in your gamemode it's much easier and readable I think. Also you print a lot less characters. This reduces the number of unnecessary operations and makes sense to concentrate on.

That's called object-oriented scripting. In this case the object would be the player.

I'm very glad you think so, but it's only implemented in usual Pawn and it only looks like object-oriented scripting

Quote:
Originally Posted by a3om
View Post
I'm very glad you think so, but it's only implemented in usual Pawn and it only looks like object-oriented scripting
Yes that's what I meant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a3om
View Post
If you have a large amount of code in your gamemode it's much easier and readable I think. Also you print a lot less characters. This reduces the number of unnecessary operations and makes sense to concentrate on.
that's a rather poor argument.. but anyways, if you're trying to push for a pseudo class-like structure (that's actually far beneath the intended purpose) and group 32-bit blocks then it's essentially the same as using arrays :\.

Hm... Don't get me wrong, but I don't want to change the structure of the programming language. I just want to make the syntax more convenient.

I do this because in our code has a lot of repetitive places. Look at this:

PHP Code:
public OnPlayerConnect(playerid)
{

SomePlayerFunction1(playerid, ...); // the first repetition

SomePlayerFunction2(playerid, ...); // the second

SomePlayerFunction3(playerid, ...); // the third

// And there is more

Obviously, all this code we are talking about one player. Why not simplify it?

PHP Code:
public OnPlayerConnect(player// playerid -> player
{

player.SomeFunction1(...);

player.SomeFunction2(...);

player.SomeFunction3(...);

Looks nice, does not it?
And look at this:

PHP Code:
players.for
{
    if(!
player.IsConnect()) // or !Player.Connected

{
        continue;
    }

player.Kick("You're a cheater!");

It's very simple.
And this is a loop through all connected players:

PHP Code:
players.connected
{

player.SetVelocity(0.00.01.0);

// or

Player.Velocity.0.0;

Player.Velocity.0.0;

Player.Velocity.1.0;

player.SetVelocity();

This is the normal loop:

PHP Code:
for(-> 10// this is equivalent to: for(new i = 0; i < 10; ++i)
{

// something there

what?

someplayerfunction 1, 2 and 3 obviously do something. so how is it repetitive to make calls to functions that do something

anyway, how are you planning on implementing this?

edit

judging by that^ post, you're goal is to emulate objects in pawn (so its much more than a syntax change). y_less had a topic on oo (i'll see if i can find it) and you should probably contribute your ideas there..

I have already implemented and used it in my designs. It very helps me because it's simple.

Of course, these functions do something. Buy I have meant that "PutPlayerInVehicle(playerid, vehicleid, 0) is a repetition. Why write it twice?

Yes, I would gladly

It's not an object-oriented approach. It's likely to system-object-oriented approach. There is a system (such as "players") and there are objects (such as "player") in it. It's simple and clear.