How do I increase my ping?

Hello. I need this for debugging my anticheat of false-positives. Any way I could increase my ping to localhost?

Start downloading a lot of stuff.

First of off, stop posting in any section about this. It'd fit on Everything and Nothing section.

Go to ******* if you have an account and upload a video, it gives 1000+ ping. It's not necessary to wait for the video to be uploaded, you can cancel it after you're done with your tests.

add "sleep 50" in the server config file, idk if that would make all your script stuff lag though

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zeus
View Post
Go to ******* if you have an account and upload a video, it gives 1000+ ping. It's not necessary to wait for the video to be uploaded, you can cancel it after you're done with your tests.
I'm afraid that won't work, considering my upload is 30MBs.

Quote:

add "sleep 50" in the server config file, idk if that would make all your script stuff lag though

Thanks. I'll check how my AC behaves with this.

If you want to increase your ping using your server IN LOCALHOST is impossibile. You must open up the server anywhere else than your PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArcher
View Post
If you want to increase your ping using your server IN LOCALHOST is impossibile. You must open up the server anywhere else than your PC.
Exactly. Your localhost ping will still be the same no matter what you do. I'd rather put up the server on a cheap host somewhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathstalker
View Post
Exactly. Your localhost ping will still be the same no matter what you do. I'd rather put up the server on a cheap host somewhere else.
If he own another PC, he could host in it and connect through the "external" IP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArcher
View Post
If he own another PC, he could host in it and connect through the "external" IP.
Then it would only go from his computer, to his ISP and then to his other computer. It would be hard to get the ping he wanted if he has such a good connection as he described. Better of with some cheap hosting I think.

I used to increase my ping by using torrents. Doesn't have to be any pirated product, many Linux distributions can be downloaded though torrents.