Best Server OS

hi,

What's the best hosting operating system for a server to run sa-mp
and how to make it run ( terminal - only )

CentOS works well.

okay.... Centos 6.2 x86 ? and how to run it ( first step after install )

Any Idea?

If you don't know how to use the Operating Systems involved, it's not recommended to run a SA-MP server on it.

I mostly run windows but my new servers doesn't support windows.... but if someone can explain it me i will be happy

CentOS

Debian is better.

Most Linux-based hosts use CentOS. If I were you, I would get CentOS 6 and the bit-version that goes along with your dedicated server.

https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/Linux_Server

Take a look at this for how to install and run a sa-mp server on linux.

CentOS is more secure but Windows is more simple and has more applications than CentOS (although, you can use Wine to run Windows applications but that isn't too reliable for every application)
You decide.

I agree with Alex, CentOS is indeed secure in many cases unlike Windows, may be hard to use but you'll eventually get it.

I use centos.. Easy to use for me... i used centos for my servers...

Go for CentOS, it's most flexible, which is the reason why it's one of the most popular OS used for servers. Basically it's better than Windows in any possible way, it's more secure, does not consume that much resources as well.

@Andylaw centos is semi advance... windows is easy somehow..

Latest CentOS, or Debian.

i currently use centos 6.2 x86 ... but i got a question how to kill the sa-mp server .. i use nohup

But why is linux better? Whats are the benifits from running a server on linux other than windows..