0.3 Chat Bug

Hi,

When I connect I get no chat text, dialog boxes or anything.

The spawn buttons don't show up either, when I hit tab it usually shows a dialog box but doesn't show them. Nor does the chatbox open when pressing 'T'.

I heard of the fix but is this only for 0.3c as it's a samp.dll

http://forum.sa-mp.com/showpost.php?...82&postcount=4

I tried re-installing, that wasn't much luck either. By the way this bug randomly occured.

If you have no clue what you're talking about, don't post.

Thanks

Try putting directmode=1 in your sa-mp.cfg (can be found in your San Andreas User Files folder in My Documents)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayW
Посмотреть сообщение
Try putting directmode=1 in your sa-mp.cfg (can be found in your San Andreas User Files folder in My Documents)
No, that doesn't work.

I saw you posting this. Actually you can't ignore that.

I don't know how and why it does, but your SAMP screws up like that because that specific font file is in use. Most likely by your anti-virus.

Before commenting that "wtf cant be it's a font file nothing to do with the rest", I actually had the exact same bug before. Re-installing SAMP gave me the ^above error on installation. Apparently my anti-virus, AVG, was scanning it. I put it into ignore list and I never had the bug again.

Yeah you kind of have to think about that. And that makes sense. The font file is being installed for a reason after all. Well I'm going to make a note of that in the future in case I have the issue.

The chatbox, and the GUI (should) have nothing to do with gtaweap3.ttf. (open it up to see what I mean) It only contains the death icons used in SendDeathMessage.

The sa-mp font is Arial* that is just displayed on your screen using DX hooking.

*Arial is a font that is installed by default on windows only, hence: sa-mp doesn't support Mac probably because its Arial equivalent is Helvetica (don't quote me on that, I'm just assuming)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MM]IKKE
Посмотреть сообщение
I saw you posting this. Actually you can't ignore that.

I don't know how and why it does, but your SAMP screws up like that because that specific font file is in use. Most likely by your anti-virus.

Before commenting that "wtf cant be it's a font file nothing to do with the rest", I actually had the exact same bug before. Re-installing SAMP gave me the ^above error on installation. Apparently my anti-virus, AVG, was scanning it. I put it into ignore list and I never had the bug again.
I said ignore it as it's already installed from last time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treyvan
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeah you kind of have to think about that. And that makes sense. The font file is being installed for a reason after all. Well I'm going to make a note of that in the future in case I have the issue.
Jump out this thread, you only just re-iterated what [MM]IKKE said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentDunn
Посмотреть сообщение
The chatbox, and the GUI (should) have nothing to do with gtaweap3.ttf. (open it up to see what I mean) It only contains the death icons used in SendDeathMessage.

The sa-mp font is Arial* that is just displayed on your screen using DX hooking.

*Arial is a font that is installed by default on windows only, hence: sa-mp doesn't support Mac probably because its Arial equivalent is Helvetica (don't quote me on that, I'm just assuming)
I fixed this issue, after several restarts and re-installs and messing around in regedit it started working again.

Mine worked after settings it to ignore and restarting my PC. For some reason the files gets inaccessible for SAMP after it gets scanned once by your antivirus.

By the way, I also set ignore mode on the font in the \fonts\ directory.

@Vincent: I know it's strange, but it fixed my problem! What if SA-MP internally FIRST tries to load the font file, and only afterwards the chat and spawn buttons? So if the font file is bugged, it won't load the next 2 either. Anyways that's quite off-topic

I have no idea what anti-virus software you all use, but how does it get so messed up? I've not ONCE had problems with my anti-virus and SA-MP.

Quote:

I fixed this issue, after several restarts and re-installs and messing around in regedit it started working again.

If your SA-MP has some weird bugs like that, you should always uninstall, remove registry keys, and reinstall. I do this with my games that bug out for weird odd reasons (very few do) and just reinstall and they all work fine.