XAMPP PhpMyAdmin help.

I'm having a problem accessing the webpage localhost/phpmyadmin. It keeps saying "oops this link appears to be broken". I have both Mysql and apache running and I can't seem to get it to work, i've changed the apache port to something else. I've unistalled skype for this process as that is usually a problem, but it's still not working, any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiernantheman
View Post
I'm having a problem accessing the webpage localhost/phpmyadmin. It keeps saying "oops this link appears to be broken". I have both Mysql and apache running and I can't seem to get it to work, i've changed the apache port to something else. I've unistalled skype for this process as that is usually a problem, but it's still not working, any ideas?
http://localhost/phpmyadmin/

Does it say's error? Check your MYSQL port if it is configured right 3306 and running. Also never delete default databases in phpmyadmin since they are requied to phpmyadmin to run. If you changed apache or mysql config file's manually maybe you deleted phpmyadmin path?? In last solution redownload xampp and reinstall it again. Also check your firewall , antivirus and open port's you need to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caki
View Post
http://localhost/phpmyadmin/

Does it say's error? Check your MYSQL port if it is configured right 3306 and running. Also never delete default databases in phpmyadmin since they are requied to phpmyadmin to run. If you changed apache or mysql config file's manually maybe you deleted phpmyadmin path?? In last solution redownload xampp and reinstall it again. Also check your firewall , antivirus and open port's you need to.
Yes the port is 3306, and no I didn't delete anything and I also re-installed it like 10 times.

@PlayLSX, will you piss off do you even know what you're saying? Go away.

Can you see any page on localhost or just phpmyadmin? If you have changed apache port then try http://localhost:yourporthere/phpmyadmin/

Use the port checker tool. Something else might be blocking port 80, preventing Apache from actually starting. TeamViewer is notorious for occupying port 80.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
View Post
Use the port checker tool. Something else might be blocking port 80, preventing Apache from actually starting. TeamViewer is notorious for occupying port 80.
I've searched on ****** for a port checker tool but couldn't find one, could you direct me to the link?

Right there, on the right. The newer version has a different layout, but the port-checker tool should still be there. If it's not in the control panel, then run xampp-portcheck.exe in the installation directory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
View Post

Right there, on the right. The newer version has a different layout, but the port-checker tool should still be there. If it's not in the control panel, then run xampp-portcheck.exe in the installation directory.
I can't seem to find it, i've looked on the application and all over the directory for it. What version of xampp is that? Maybe I can give that a shot at downloading.

Try portforwarding to port 80. That fixed it for me when I had it. If you run skype that uses port 80 and may prevent you from loading XAMPP Apache.