Is this possible?

Hello guys, just need a piece of advice. However, I don't know if this is possible at all.
Say a french guy comes in and starts chatting with another guy of the same origin through the main chat. Is it possible to somehow "link" ****** translate to provide the chat, and return it in english to other people so that we can understand them? (they could take advantage of us being non-french, discussing hacks, etc)

Sorry if this is a much asked question, being new to the 'scripting' thing and all
Thanks,
Rajat.

No it's not possible I guess.

Everything is possible with advanced scripts, but in my opinion, that would be so difficult, even for the best scripters. And it would have gone pretty slow too, if the chat is flowing fast.

Imagine how fast it would have to translate?

Nope, i dont think there are systems for that, sorry, and i am almost 100% that would take time to make.

~airplanesimen

i've seen someone who did this, not sure it's ****** translate - but it's a translate.
anyways, i don't know how to do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDeadlyBoy
View Post
i've seen someone who did this, not sure it's ****** translate - but it's a translate.
anyways, i don't know how to do this.
If you can remember, can you PM me with this 'someone's' name, I would very much like to implement this! Thanks.

That could be because someone manually translated everything in a DB, or that someone downloaded a DB with all translation information. So, if that's the case, yes it's possible.

The problem could be that it is only available for a few languages only, so, you would most likely end up translating Arabic to Chinese (just an example).

Anyways, I hope you find something, and Good luck!

Its highly possible, If you've got the time, I've seen people that just check for the language symbols.
Umlaut for instance has a Ё about a vowel.

I think popular languages would only be under request.
Very unlikely someone would join and start talking symbolic languages like Chinese, it's possible but throughout the whole entire time in this server I've never seen it.

Just general languages like: German, Russian, French, Swedish etc..
Languages that tend to have a tendency of appearing more in servers.

Else, I have a spellcheck system that automatically changes the word to match the correct real English setting, example: "Were is bob?" to "Where is bob" or "Very Nyc" to "Very Nice".

You might be able to manipulate it to what you want.

It is possible..
But For best thing..
You need to set a time between each chat/talk..or whatever we say..
Else server might crash..Reason slow and fast translation..

yes it's posibble but hopeless imagine them writing "u" in french instead of "you" ****** translator only translates full sentences.

And it will be slow as said above really slow.

The best way is for them to use /pm