Performance

Since my laptop uses windows 7, which in my opinion, uses too many resources, because I noticed when it had Vista my games ran smoother than now, I could at least give them medium graphic options, and still run smooth.

Should I get Windows XP if I want performance?

I know that Vista was supposed to use much more than Windows 7, but I actually don't need everything Windows 7 has to give me, I like the old-fashion way, XP Classic theme too!

So, should I get XP if I want performance?

PS The only thing I love about Windows 7 is that multi tasking that it provides, I never managed to full my taskbar.

Depends on the Laptopsystem I guess.
If it's really good and stuff I still recommend Windows 7(or Vista if you liked that better, I personally don't).

It is pretty powerful but it uses too many desktop resources and makes the cpu hot and it shuts down to cool, everytime I play a game, after a while it shuts down.

So I think XP would not need that many resources to even make the CPU hot.

Yep , XP is better

Windows XP uses less RAM. The graphic will not be the same as Windows 7 even the settings are the same. I suggest to re-install windows 7 or/and remove any temp. files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony_prince
Посмотреть сообщение
Windows XP uses less RAM. The graphic will not be the same as Windows 7 even the settings are the same. I suggest to re-install windows 7 or/and remove any temp. files.
Like I said, I have no need for all this fancy stuff, that's why I need performance instead of quality.

I can see pretty much same thing in performance that exist in quality..

i use XP. it works fine for most things.

I use Windows 7, Even though XP is faster my PC spec is just too great so I'm sticking with 7

Unless you need really awkward drivers, go with XP.

Well, you could try windows 8.
I had the windows 8 consumer preview and developer preview, both runs the games without any breaks.
The release preview, i can't say nothing, since i can't install it due some graphics card failure