Filterscripts

Before I post this, I don't know if this is the correct section, if not I would please ask the moderators to kindly move it to the correct section and don't delete it.

I am thinking about creating a few filterscripts/includes for people, but I have no idea's of what people would like to see, therefore I am asking here what people would like.

If you could, please let me know if you'd prefer it to be in MySQL or Dini, they are the two systems I work with, also ALL commands will be ZCMD, with sscanf2 if needed.

So, please let the discussion start, thanks!

People likes the new, if your idea is creative and useful for someone, there are no reason for hesitate.

About your question, I think it's relative, certain scripters need to make use of MySQL for easy data export, others, just need a file manager like Dini.

I know that, but I need some idea's of what to script for people D:

Thanks for the reply CyNiC!

Do what I do - make stuff for yourself then release it if you want to.

The ideas come when you don't expect actually. I wouldn't make anything if i don't know what to do.

Why would you have any commands in a filterscript?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
View Post
Why would you have any commands in a filterscript?
Why wouldn't you? :S

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGetty
View Post
Why wouldn't you? :S
Why can't you just let the users make the commands, you just provide the feature functions/callbacks via filterscript.

True, didn't think of it that way.

But still, if they need help to do it, I would always prefer to help them.

Yes... think about something cool , and then start like you would host it , then release it

And PLEASE do not use dini! It has been shown time and time again to be awful!