Script Problem

So i recently downloaded Affliction Roleplay script by Boooth (Edit of Calgon's Vortex RP) and I'm having a problem with commands that target player ids.

Example: The command /goto which is supposed to teleport the admin to the player in question.
Usage: /goto [player id]

If I were to type /goto 5 it would teleport me to player 0 or w/e player, but not player 5. It does the same thing with every cmd that is supposed to use a player id. No matter what it just goes to the same player (usually id 0).

I have no idea where to look in the script, or if this is a sql problem. I've contacted the authors so if anyone else knows, help would be greatly appreciated.

http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.ph...ght=Affliction

^ the script.

Update your sscanf plugin.

Unless I'm just stupid I tried that but for some reason when I use the update version no one can enter their login information. Almost as if the SQL stopped working, but if I revert to the old sscanf it works but I still have the problem. I'll try again.

You must remember to re-compile the script after you update. Then the script can use the updated .inc information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGetty
Посмотреть сообщение
You must remember to re-compile the script after you update. Then the script can use the updated .inc information.
When you say re-compile the script what do you mean. In the script it already has #include sscanf2 so idk what i'm updating, or why I need the recompile. I Just tried to recompile it, and re-upload to no avail.

What am I doing wrong here, or what should I be doing.

Sorry for being a complete noob.

You gotta update the include in your pawno > includes folder too and then recompile so that your compiled script will contain the new sscanf.

Don't apologise. We all start out somewhere!

Anyhow, with the #include <sscanf2> in the script, the updated plugin and .inc file.

Did you say that you had compiled the script after you update the files?

Also, what is the exact error?

Thanks.

Ok now I do need to apologize, I read you post at a third grade reading level because I've been working on this script all night. I wasn't thinking I re-read it and everything is working now. The three monster energy drinks have gone to my head, so thanks for putting up with that. You saved my butt

- Strafe

No thank you's are necessary Strafe. I'm glad that your script is sorted and that you are able to play it!

If you have any more problems, don't forget to post and I will try and help you! If not me another delightful member of the community will!

Take care.

Just wanted to add:

All adding an include does is adds the functions and overall code to the current filterscript under the corresponding callbacks upon compile. This is why it is necessary to recompile after modifying an include.