[POLL] New server

Hi guys. I made a topic about this before but can't find it, so I'll make a new one. It's sort of separate anyway.

I am torn between two server ideas, I need help deciding.

Idea 1 - Minigames/Mini-missions/Multi-mode [LINEAR]
This is pretty straight forward. Players join and immediately start playing fun and action packed modes with lots of players, generally in a small, set area. Modes would include deathmatch, races, missions, basejumping, sumo and a whole lot more.

It would be a linear game type, whereas GTA is more of a non-linear (open world) game. But, I do feel that keeping players together in a small area would increase the fun, as if you're playing over the whole of San Andreas with 5 people, it's not that fun. After all, this is a multiplayer game.

Idea 2 - FRSDM - [NON-LINEAR]
I used to run a server called FRSDM. It wasn't too popular so it eventually closed. The name stands for Freeroam Race Stunt Deathmatch. The final M could either be the M in deathmatch or stand for missions. We will see.

As the name suggests, it was a mix of a few different modes, with teleports to stunt areas and deathmatch arenas. No structure as such, more of a free-roam. The script was pretty lacking, however, and it got boring pretty quickly. Also, not having any structure to the deathmatching/racing really let it down, as there were no stats/leaderboards etc.

Not sure if I want to replicate this exactly, or just make something similar. I was thinking of making a server that was sort of based on single-player. Buying cars from dealerships, side-missions etc. but I do NOT want an RP server. I will repeat, I do NOT want an RP server. They are boring and tacky and unimaginative. I want a unique and fun server.

What I ask of you now, is to give me some advice. Which server would you prefer to play? I personally am 50/50 on this one. I can not make up my mind.

Basically you're voting for linear or non-linear. Non-linear is open world. Linear is structured. Linear is the minigames server, non-linear is the freeroamish server. Can't make it any clearer.

VOTING CLOSED - THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO VOTED. RESULT: 76% VOTED FOR FREEROAMISH!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonlinear_gameplay
Facts maybe not 100% correct. After all, this is a SA:MP server idea not a proper video game development.

FRSDM - More features and more funner than Missions and stuff!

I think I made FRSDM sound a bit boring in my description, it wouldn't be though. There would be lots to do. The only issue is whether it would work with low players. As I said - 5 players all over SA..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP2
View Post
I think I made FRSDM sound a bit boring in my description, it wouldn't be though. There would be lots to do. The only issue is whether it would work with low players. As I said - 5 players all over SA..
You could advertise the server,Or invite players?

I know, it's not about that though. I have to consider the possibilities that it may not become popular. If it does, either idea could work, but if it doesn't, I don't know. Mini-missions wouldn't be fun with 5 players either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP2
View Post
I know, it's not about that though. I have to consider the possibilities that it may not become popular. If it does, either idea could work, but if it doesn't, I don't know. Mini-missions wouldn't be fun with 5 players either.
Fair enough,Sounds good.

Why cant you make a poll here?

BTW my vote is for Minigames

Because then people outside of this forum can't vote without registering. As you can see, I already have 25 votes from my own forum.