Thoughts on roleplay?

After a while I've changed and started playing A BIT of roleplay (sounds hypocritical since I hated it), though I'm so damn bored now-a-days, not even scripting for my server helps (due being that it's finished, just needs ideas). Each week I post a update, since I don't want to trash the server straight up (15+ players) but anyway, don't mind that.

I think roleplay in it's current state is corrupt, I'll tell you the reasons why:
  • Refunds - Damn, they refund you millions.
  • Ban if you don't donate - Some ultimately corrupt ones.
  • Free platinum V.I.P - Most likely to be a NGG edit.
  • Careless admins - On servers with more then 10 players.
  • DMing festival - On servers with more then 10 players.
  • 3/4 of all roleplay servers don't have a development team - nor a admin team.
  • Moderately, they give admin to players after 15 minutes of playing - Bam, bans me and everyone in the server.
  • Hard/Scrict RP + Refunds = CORRUPT
What you can do:
  • Don't spoil the game by giving players everything, you wont get players that way.
  • Don't ban a player if they can't donate - They will donate if they think the server is suitable for a donation (being fun)
  • Don't spoil the game with V.I.P - Again.
  • I know this sounds pretty stupid, though do have admins care. This helps the player know what they're doing inside the server. They don't want to be playing anything and be ignored.
  • STOP DMING.
  • Grow a development team.
  • Don't give admin straight away, that's stupid.
  • Don't refund if it's a strict/hard roleplay since it makes your server corrupt and so boring.
Worst Example: https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=317626

Very useless topic, though would be nice to fetch some opinions since this archive could supposedly help these roleplay servers with their server.

Ya i agree here. When admins refund millions it makes the people on the server wanna quit because they already have the money.

All that VIP/adminlevel hassle is just a poor marketing and a way to attract players. I do agree that it's kinda hard to find a decent RP server incase you don't enjoy bigger servers like LS-RP is.

I remember once I tried to find a smaller/decent RP server, upon logging into some of the best looking ones they banned me for beeing a smartass when I gave some advice. : O P

Lorenc_ you are hereby a god :P

I know that my account says Registered: Nov 2011, but I've had diff accounts, and been on SA-MP since... 2009-ish? The point I'm trying to make is that there's a shitload of RP servers out there and a vast majority are like you've mentioned, corrupt, don't have their own dev team, and/or shit, childish admins, servers that steal GM's, rubbish Godfather edits, the list is long. In contrast, there are however fantastic servers that I've wasted my lifetime on, and learnt everything about Roleplay. Still not bored of it almost three years later, I think that RP servers are generally awesome, but you have to know how to roleplay properly. Quite ironically, some servers have admins who do not know how to roleplay properly.

Luckily, I have a great team of people I can trust and depend on, an admin and mapper team that is. I've been trying to create an RP ever since 2009, with transport methods linked into it (secret stuff), yet I could never start it due to my suckish programming skills, while Pawn has always been a pain to me. So I got people to help me, but they never cared after a bit of time passed, and quit. For some people, it's easier to get a ready GM, and start their own server under their own rules. Just to feel powerful.

Quote:

I know this sounds pretty stupid, though do have admins care. This helps the player know what they're doing inside the server. They don't want to be playing anything and be ignored.

Yes! How many times I've been to servers where they told me to read /rules and shut the fuck up. How helpful. Couldn't even ask a question...

Rant over, gut bai, you've got a point :P

P.S - There should be a SA-MP Top 100 of servers lololol, just sayin' (voted by experts x)

^^ I lol'd at this. I know the guy.

Anyways, I agree with everything you said. I been on the server and tbh, The Owner Rages, too many admins and they only had 10 players on. About 4 players and 6 admins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MP]Ditch
View Post

^^ I lol'd at this. I know the guy.

Anyways, I agree with everything you said. I been on the server and tbh, The Owner Rages, too many admins and they only had 10 players on. About 4 players and 6 admins.
Excuse me, no I don't, I LOL at you

How to rate server advertisements: Start at 5 stars and for each remark, -1 star.
  • Refunding
  • Free host
  • Free domain
  • No website/forum at all
  • Annoying colors
  • Looking for staff
  • Bad grammar and/or spelling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
View Post
How to rate server advertisements: Start at 5 stars and for each remark, -1 star.
  • Refunding
  • Free host
  • Free domain
  • No website/forum at all
  • Annoying colors
  • Looking for staff
  • Bad grammar and/or spelling
Yet server's that provide none of them actually get marked down on their *'s on topics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockingCamman
View Post
Excuse me, no I don't, I LOL at you
Aha, Reason being? Cos you rage like a sad ass mother fucker?