samp-server.exe freezes

Hi,

My server seems to freeze at random moments.
I think it only happens if the server has been running for a while.

The server doesn't quit. It keeps running but it responds to nothing.
In the server browser, it still looks like the server is online. It looks like the players are still on the server.

The server log gets full of lines "incoming connection..." from players that are trying to connect, so somehow that's still working.
There are no other messages. The players also can't connect.

Using gmx or exit also doesn't work.

What could be wrong?

I need quick help with this :/

The script maybe leaked, if not maybe you have a problem or virus in your GTA SA Files, try redownloading and reinstalling GTA SA and SAMP.

I wish it will fix your problem

But it's the server that crashes; not gta ...

Check mySQL.

I don't use mysql.
But thanks for trying to help :)

I once had the same problem, and I found the problem to be a piece of code which looked like this:

pawn Code:
new a = random(b);
for(new i; i < a; i++)
I then found out that in certain cases b could be 0, and you don't want to know what random(0) returns ^^

But to find this problem we added a printf("FunctionName(parameters)", ...); to every single function, so we could find out which function was executed last before the server froze. Maybe you should try the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ғαιιοцт
View Post
I don't use mysql.
But thanks for trying to help
Right, sorry, should have asked, just assumed.

Put prints in every callback.

https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/Debugging

Haha, I had to laugh when I read "and you don't want to know what random(0) returns" ><

I don't think I have an unenthless loop somewhere though :/

I can add printf
But I think the server will rather crash from an epic setver_log file size then

If I add a printf to every function and timer, the serer log gets too big because of all the fast timers.
If I don't add printf to some timers, and the problem is in one of those timers, then I risk never finding the problem :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP2
View Post
Right, sorry, should have asked, just assumed.

Put prints in every callback.

https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/Debugging
I already read that article, but .. read above here (about the printfs)

You have a loop that never ends. Cheating is a server. The server is not multithreaded. : /

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacper55331
View Post
You have a loop that never ends. Cheating is a server. The server is not multithreaded. : /
If not multithreaded, and in a never ending loop, then how come the "incoming connection" messages still get printed?