Linux VPS Server Issues

Hi I have a Linux VPS server (cent-os) I've got the server uploaded, un-tared and the server cfg configured. Web I do nohup ./samp03svr I get "started server on ip:7777 with max players 100 LAN is off." and that's it it doesn't do or say nething else. I have the 7777 port opened and the firewall off.

When I try to connect to my server all I get is connecting to ip:7777.... Server not responding. Retrying...

Can someone please help me, I can't figure out what's wrong.

Cody

which client are you using ? and which version is in your server files ? are they same?

I downloaded the latest version from sa-mp.com - SA-MP 0.3d R2 Linux Server (x86) and the client i have on my pc is 0.3d R2, but u know when open the sa-mp client on pc and u select the server u want to play, it gives u stats on the right, this is what mine says:

gravity 0.008
mapname San Andreas
version 0.3a R4
weather 3
weburl -
worldtime 11:00

Cody

Maybe you have another copy of SA-MP server that its running?

Quote:

This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 24 seconds.

this is the first time ive got a sa-mp server, and my VPS is brand new. i just followed the instructions on wiki.sa-mp.com/wiki. ive had my tech team look into it and they say its running, but i still cant connect. do u have any idea why it says "version 0.3a R4" in the stats when i downloaded the newest version on 12/24/2011. Also can i post images on this forum? if so i will screenshot my files and server

Cody

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyadam
Посмотреть сообщение
Hi I have a Linux VPS server (cent-os) I've got the server uploaded, un-tared and the server cfg configured. Web I do nohup ./samp03svr I get "started server on ip:7777 with max players 100 LAN is off." and that's it it doesn't do or say nething else. I have the 7777 port opened and the firewall off.

When I try to connect to my server all I get is connecting to ip:7777.... Server not responding. Retrying...

Can someone please help me, I can't figure out what's wrong.

Cody
You need to give the following files (0)777:
  • samp03svr
  • announce
  • samp-npc
Otherwise they'll just crash out when you try and start them.

You are opening a server on 0.3a R4 when you try to join with 0.3d R2.
That says everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by array13
Посмотреть сообщение
You are opening a server on 0.3a R4 when you try to join with 0.3d R2.
That says everything
why is it 0.3a R4 ? i downloaded SA-MP 0.3d R2 Linux Server (x86) from sa-mp.com

Cody

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky1234
Посмотреть сообщение
You need to give the following files (0)777:
  • samp03svr
  • announce
  • samp-npc
Otherwise they'll just crash out when you try and start them.
I have them set to (0)777.

Cody

Ok add me on msn: papapanikes@hotmail.com
I will help you with that.
I will put a control panel working on your vps, if you want.