Collecting Ideas for future TDM mode (early stage)

Hi,
My current project, SutD, is sleeping. Basically everything is ready to be merged to a full gamemode, but as with the upcoming 0.3d my NPC system wont work, Ill wait at least till there is a proper NPC solution with my main SutD project. Nevertheless, I wasnt scripting actively since summer anyways.
However, I regained interest, as some of the new 0.3d features will become very handy, so I might rewrite the SutD engine for 0.3d. This will result in a way more performant solution, means it can handle a larger amount of players (the current version is quite limited, as lots of the functions that now are native are scripted manually, so way less efficient).
I cant tell if im gonna manage to do this in the next time, as it is quite random when i got the time to script.
To introduce the engine, I already planned to create a TDM mode based on it months ago, but the fact that it could only handle small amounts of players stopped me from doing it.
So with the updated engine, bigger teams would be no problem.

If you dont know what those SutD features are, check my *******-Channel or the SutD Forum for detailed infos. In short, this is what differentiates SutD from common gamemodes:
  • Serversided weapons: Custom weapons allow to change attributes like damage, range, accuracy, clip size etc. A quite famous example for this is the rocket rifle, shown in one of my ******* videos. In addition to this, weapon upgrades allow creating your very own personal weapon with unique attributes.
  • Custom inventory system: Allows to hold and manage all kind of items, ranging from medikits, over different types of ammunition, to satchel charges and remote controls.
  • Giant skill-system: A complex perk- and skill-system allows an almost unlimited different character builds. Skills can do almost everything, like modifying weapon skills, calling bomber support, or setting up traps.
  • Character classes: choose from a wide group of character classes. Every class got an unique set of available weapons and skills, such as its own attributes like stamina, HP. This also includes level-ups.
  • As a result of all this, things like the cbug, fastreload, or lots of cheats and hacks simply have no effect. This changes the overall gaming experience.
My question now is, as I never was a real sa-mp player, but just a scripte, and so got no great experience in what people like to play: If you look at those features, what kind of TDM would you like to see with that? I know, this is a hated question, and I know I could search for other topics asking the same, but Im asking for what you think would be fun with exactly these features, so other topics simply do not apply here.
Examples would be: COD-like (please dont suggest that, I wont create another poor COD clone in samp, there are really enough), Attack and defend, capture the flag, whatever else.
Of course I would love to see detailed concepts, but also short suggestions like the ones above would help giving me some ideas. It would also be nice if you add the reason, why you think especially this would make good use of the sutd features. You can also PM me your idea, if you dont want to make it public, you got my guarantee that I wont use or abuse your idea, as long as I dont got your permission.
The "winner" (if I finally manage to finish it some day) will get something ofcourse, not sure what yet, but credits at the very least.

Thanks for all of you giving me some of your time!

This seems pretty cool, and if you would be looking for admins, I would be sure to look into it. I will at least test the server, as this sounds pretty good.
Good luck with the project SutD

I would like to see a Battlefield script using one or both of the following modes:

Conquest

Conquest objectives

The objective in Conquest is to capture and hold all the flags/capture points on the map, until the other team runs out of tickets (or respawns). In conquest, some maps have both teams starting off at their main bases and advance towards un-captured flags. Other maps has one team controlling the majority of flags, where it’s up to the other team to advance and be on the offensive.

Rush

Rush objectives

The objectives in Rush are straightforward: one team defends the M-COM stations, the other team attacks. Once a pair of objectives have been taken, the defenders fall back and protect the next set of M-COMs. There are anywhere between 3 and 5 stages in a Rush map, with 4 stages being the norm.

I didn't found any server that uses a Battlefield script so I guess people will join your server

I really like your server.. Hope to see you on MSN sometimes to play :P

Wow...your scripting skills amaze me.

Seeing those 'Air raid' and 'Grenade Launcher' videos on *******, I'm thinking about a war server - just generally war. But in a closed area, unlike any other war server I've been on.

Anyhow it would also be nice to be able to set that marker on the map, which then gets bombed by the system. It's possible because I've seen servers where you can just right-click on the map to teleport to that place.

Good luck

Thanks for your interest, guys. I like the Battlefield idea. Some Battlefield features are already realizable with the engine, and also teamplay will definitely be an important part. There are already aura-perks that give different bonuses for all people within a few meters, to encourage teamplay.
Also Ill use mostly little maps of course, Im gonna have to find out what size is perfect to reach a good balance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MM]IKKE
Посмотреть сообщение
Anyhow it would also be nice to be able to set that marker on the map, which then gets bombed by the system.
This will definitely be one of the updates for 0.3d, as the new image textdraws would allow very good solutions for this, even without using the map-teleport-trick.