[Tool/Web/Other] mIRC & NoNameScript

I don't know if this is the correct section to post this - if not, please move in correct place.

NoName.. what?

I have noticed alot people in here use the boring mIRC without any kind of eye-candy.
NoNameScript is an enhancement for the most popular of all IRC clients for Windows, mIRC. While easy to use, it is aimed at the more experienced IRC user that wants more control over what is happening on IRC and, eventually, his channel.

The script offers many features to make communicating with your friends easier and more comfortable, however it focuses on useful things instead of providing "war tools", "nukers" or similar content to annoy other users on IRC. That's also the reason why you won't find colorful acronym replacers or automated query messages in our script.

Download mIRC & NNS
mIRC 6.34
NNS

Installation
1) Install mIRC into a directory of your choice. Uncheck 'check for updates automatically'. Do not start it yet!
2) Download and install NoNameScript using the link below. Follow the installation instructions carefully. Install the script into the directory you just installed mIRC into.
3) Start NoNameScript through one of the installed shortcuts. Do not update to latest mIRC, just uncheck 'check for new version' and cancel the update download.

Setup
Okay, so, if you did everything like said, you should see this screen:

Lets start with choosing some nice theme, go to Themes->Theme Setup
I chose the classic Void theme. Now click on Load.

Then click Close and Ok. As you see the screen is a little distorted.

To fix that, just close mIRC and start it up again, remember to start it up from NoNameScript shortcut.
If you did that, your screen should now be fixed and look like this:

Connecting to a SAMP IRC server(FoCo)
Go to Tools->Options. Fill in the boxes with your nickname.

From the same box, from left under Categorys, go to Servers->Add

Click Add-> Select (FoCo)-> Connect. You are now connected to FoCos IRC server.

Registering your nickname on FoCo
Lets register your nickname. Just type the following commands into window.
/ns register PASSWORD EMAIL
Lets login to your account.
/ns identify PASSWORD
Now, noone can steal your nickname.

Joining a channel
To join a channel, just type the following command
/j #channel
I joined #sa-mp so I have the following screen now

Now if you pick your username from the list, and right click -> Information -> Extended Whois you see that your name is now registered and IP is hidden.

Well, not for yourself but to others, lets see whether BlueG is a registered nickname and is he away from computer (idle time)

He is indeed registered and has been away for one day!

Configuring mIRC

Go to Tools->Options and from left Category-> Options and check 'Connect on startup' and click OK.

Now lets add a channel which we will join on startup. Go to Favorites->Add to favorites type #sa-mp in channel box and check 'Join on connect'. Click OK.

Lets enable joining our favorite channels on startup. Go to Favorites->Organize favorites and enable 'Join on connect' and click OK.

Lets see if it will now join our favorite server and channel. Close mIRC and start it from NoNameScript shortcut. If you did everything as needed, it will connect to FoCo server and #sa-mp channel. Hurrahh!

Unfortunately, there is no automatic authorization included for FoCo services in NNS. Or I am just unaware of them. So now only thing you need to do each time is using the
/ns identify PASSWORD
command to protect your nickname.
Remember always start from NoNameScript shortcut. There is alot of nice themes and features available with NNS so you can go ahead and discover it by yourself. Read more at NNS FAQ