A. Rossi's "Energy Catalysator" promises a global energy revolution

In late 2010/ early 2011 first information about an invention by Andrea Rossi, with the help of the physicist Sergio Focardi, found its way to the public. The "Focardi-Rossi-Reactor", later known as "Energy Catalysator" or short "E-Cat" quickly found a small group of followers, and an uneven greater group of sceptics.
Rossi's claims are as simple as revolutionary: he says, his reactor is able to transform nickel and hydrogen to copper in an exothermal reaction (A "Low Energy Nuclear Reaction" similar to the well-known, but still unreached cold fusion). Means, his reactor is able to produce a lot more energy than it needs to keep itself running - energy for free.
If this would work, it would be the solution to the world's energy problems. Energy could be produced for way less than a cent/kW without any emissions like CO2 or harmful radiation, even single houses could set up an own E-Cat to produce its own energy without running costs. Within a short time it would replace the old dirty coal or nuclear power plants.

A single E-Cat unit is about 50x50x50cm big and should be able to produce up to 30kW of heat energy. There already were multiple tests all over the year, observed by scientists from all over the world. Most of them came sceptical and left completely convinced and confident, even after deeper insepctions of the machine. However, some parts are still kept secret, and this is the reason why not all people leave with a positive view on the e-cat.

The next test will be on October 28. During this, an array of multiple units will be tested, producing 1MW of heat energy. They are set up in a box of the size of a normal shipping container and could provide enough energy for a big factory.

The E-Cat is still quite unknown, as it isnt covered by most media.

Hard to say if this is gonna be a revolution or just a scam. There are enough reasons to forget about this (like it still doesnt have international patent protection yet, because its still not clear how it works), but also things that make me thoughtful: Defkalion recently announced that their prototype of the "Hyperion 7" E-cat is ready to be commercially produced. Also Rossi isnt an unknown person. In the 70s he invented the (really working) "Petroldragon", that is able to produce a fuel similar to mineral oil out of waste like plastic and compost. Though it was declared illegal for some strange reasons after producing fuel for less than 1/3 of the price of oil for years, and Rossi was bombed with accusations. From the very first moment, Rossi said he would release all plans that are neccessary to build an E-Cat on yourself, as soon as he got the international patent for it. This would most probably make him immortal.

If I could make you interested in this, here some suggestions where to start reading (including pictures and videos of course):

http://www.e-catworld.com/
http://pesn.com/2011/10/08/9501929_E...te_Challenges/
http://freeenergytruth.blogspot.com/

Some of the information might seem quite complicated and scientific, but I also got most of it, and Im just a mathematician and not a physicist.

I tried to report about it in an objective way, also to spread information about it, but Im quite sure you noticed that I am supporting the E-Cat. I dont know (cant know) if it really is what Rossi claims it is, but I am sure that it is something, and not just scam.
I would really like to have a nice discussion here, so tell me what you think: revolution or scam?

Edit: I see, ok im out again.