Automatic Updater idea/help

Hi I want to publish my script to the public and I got my own virtual private server but I do not want my people to check every day on the topic for the latest release but when the script starts it starts checking on my server for a later revising (like from 1001 is a newer like 1002) and then it starts downloading the newest version into the specified files (filterscript or gamemode file) and then it restarts the Filterscript or Gamemode so the newest version is active.
I can make the restart and stuff and the server thing, but I have problems with the version check and the download (if a newer version is available).

Someone got more information about automatic download or something like that contact me below.
This may sound as a crazy idea but some games like Minecraft and World of Warcraft already have that for players.

You can write your own program containing these files, although it'd be hard for the program to search where the member has their files stored and update them accordingly, I think.

It's certainly do-able, but would be very time consuming for someone with little knowledge and it may be easier to find a quicker alternative, sorry.

I already saw that with some Inc file from ****** that he can automaticly check if the version you got is the same as the server's version.