High ping on my own server

Really weird:

When I open SA-MP list, so not the game, I get 3 ping from my server.

When I join the game, I'm getting like 300 ping on my own server, even with the bare gamemode. Also I desync very much. Most people who connect, doesn't matter where they are from, there are getting a way better ping than me.

I don't really get it. I host it on my own computer, I get 300+ ping while others get lower than 40.

And don't say I got a sucky internet connection or the gamemode is badly scripted, since people get lower than 40 even if they are not from my country, and I still get massive pings when I have bare open.

Screenshot:

Netstats:

Pingtest:

Really weird, I don't understand it :S

Make sure you aren't downloading anything.

Make sure you are not using any proxy's, and that you are connecting to 127.0.0.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxthefish
View Post
Make sure you are not using any proxy's, and that you are connecting to 127.0.0.1
This is unlikely, since other people can connect to his server, which is homehosted. Also, other people are supposed to connect to his external IP, so if he also is doing this, he should have a low ping.

I find it extremely unlikely that people from other countries are getting a ping of 40 from a server hosted by your own computer. Heck I can barely get below 60 ping from servers within my country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxthefish
View Post
I don't use proxies and I'm connect to 127.0.0.1 (portforwarded aswell so people can join thru my IP)
I'm also not downloading..
Other ideas :S?

Edit:
Haha to guy above me xD

I mean with other countries like 'neighbors'. So not something like America xD, but like a friend of Belgium (I'm from the Netherlands) has around 40 ping @ my server (really clean script)

perhaps a sucky internet connection ? ( just kidding ^^ )
Can u give us details about your computer ?

tion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tion
View Post
perhaps a sucky internet connection ? ( just kidding ^^ )
Can u give us details about your computer ?

tion
http://www.xfire.com/profile/frankfort/ check under of the page @ Gaming Rig

It's logical: U use Firefox or IE? Then u got too much tabs open! Best is: Save ur session and close all browsers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samtey
View Post
It's logical: U use Firefox or IE? Then u got too much tabs open! Best is: Save ur session and close all browsers!
I got ****** Chrome, multitasking much. My friend also said that it would be something with the memory. I closed much things and the only things that were open was SA-MP, my server, one folder and pawno.

Didn't help much

Are you connecting to 127.0.0.1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskmonger
View Post
Are you connecting to 127.0.0.1?
Yes, and I got the port forwarded aswell.

I disabled my internet, and connected to 127.0.0.1. It seems that I even lagg without internet to 127.0.0.1.

So it has nothing to do with the internet drivers, or anything in that way. It's the problem of samp03svr OR my own SAMP client. Some firewall blocks it or maybe something is wrong in the file itself..

I think it's my own SAMP client since I also get massive pings when I put my internet on and connect to a server thats in the same country as me. And when my friends join my own server, they get around 40 ping.

Dunno the fix yet.

Reinstalled SAMP, and opened SAMP. There's a server thats located in Amsterdam (not so far away). Ping: 10.

Then I started the game, ping went 300 again -.-

Bump, sorry, I really hate this.

netstats also added

I get high ping, when I join any server. I searched around and found it can be caused by multi-core computers. I have a quad core at the moment, so I found that I have to set CPU affinity of the gta_sa.exe process to all cores. After this, my ping is very stable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burridge
View Post
I get high ping, when I join any server. I searched around and found it can be caused by multi-core computers. I have a quad core at the moment, so I found that I have to set CPU affinity of the gta_sa.exe process to all cores. After this, my ping is very stable.
Really. I fucking love you man. FUCKING LOVE YOU.

I had it on at only 1 CPU. I putted it to two, BAM. EPIC PING ALERT!!!!!!!

awesome man. <3333

10 ping <33 reputation++ for you

Ahh, good. Glad it fixed it for you. Remember you'll have to do it every time you load the game. I don't know how to make it set affinity to all cores automatically (I don't think you can).