How many SA-MP servers could I get out of this?

I have a Linux Ubuntu VPS, from Tech-Hosts using the "Iron" package. I'd just like to know how much SA-MP servers could I get out of this?

Specs:

Disk 15 GB

Memory 256 MB

Backup Unlimited

Traffic 200GB GB

Also. If a customer paid for a SA-MP server, how would I go about making it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey_Griffiths
Посмотреть сообщение
Also. If a customer paid for a SA-MP server, how would I go about making it?
An samp server could range from everything from 32 mb ram to xx as plugins could be loaded.

Also, running an hosting company on an low end vps box?

Anyhow, you would probably setup an ftp server, create an user, chroot them to their home folders, create an samp server inside the home folder and chown + chmod the folders etc.

Are you going to run hosting company off it? I guess you are looking at your previous questions.

1) RAM, it's enough for running LAMP with 2 small SA-MP servers.
2) Bandwidth, way to small. 200 GB is enough for max. 30 players playing 24/7.

If you don't have money, you better stop running hosting "company". What's your upload speed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameltoe
Посмотреть сообщение
An samp server could range from everything from 32 mb ram to xx as plugins could be loaded.

Also, running an hosting company on an low end vps box?

Anyhow, you would probably setup an ftp server, create an user, chroot them to their home folders, create an samp server inside the home folder and chown + chmod the folders etc.
Thank you for the reply. But roughly, how many servers?

(And yes low end, we do not want to use Ј200 on a Dedicated, and find out that the company is not taking any money back, it's about profit.)

I guess you are going to run LAMP & FTP.
Around 6 empty servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironboy500[TW]
Посмотреть сообщение
I guess you are going to run LAMP & FTP.
Around 6 empty servers.
Sounds dumb, but where can I find the upload speed of my VPS? Or are you talking about my internet?
Also, I've requested a refund, I'm sticking to web-hosting until we can afford a decent VPS.

And, what do you recommend for RAM?

If you want to run something professional, at least 1 GB.
If you are going with a VPS, make sure it's guaranteed RAM because often, dedicated servers where your VPS is are overloaded and you won't get any burstable RAM.
Also, unmetered bandwidth is recommended. Most of VPS providers tell you upload speed. If not, ask them.

Regarding setting up servers for your customers. Most of companies has auto activation these days. I recommend you learn HTML/PHP before running into such business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironboy500[TW]
Посмотреть сообщение
If you want to run something professional, at least 1 GB.
If you are going with a VPS, make sure it's guaranteed RAM because often, dedicated servers where your VPS is are overloaded and you won't get any burstable RAM.
Also, unmetered bandwidth is recommended. Most of VPS providers tell you upload speed. If not, ask them.

Regarding setting up servers for your customers. Most of companies has auto activation these days. I recommend you learn HTML/PHP before running into such business.
I know HTMl. PHP is hard to learn for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey_Griffiths
Посмотреть сообщение
I know HTMl. PHP is hard to learn for me.
Maybe you should try yourself in reselling before running servers off dedicated server.