Why do Noobs ask for admin?

Why do noobs that join new servers do stuff or even ask for admin, and if they dont get it they leave.

What is the point in this?

I see no Point.
Here is a few question's
1.How should I punish them if they ask?
2.What is the best method of giving them admin without them asking?
3.Why do they ask when a server is new?

Banhammer.

I don't like beggars.

Natural human reactions - They want to be on top, like the "leader" of the pack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanny
Посмотреть сообщение
Why do noobs that join new servers do stuff or even ask for admin, and if they dont get it they leave.

What is the point in this?

I see no Point.
Here is a few question's
1.How should I punish them if they ask?
2.What is the best method of giving them admin without them asking?
3.Why do they ask when a server is new?

Ignore them. Only punish them if they spam it, then kick them for spam. Usually your other dedicated players will remind them not to ask.

I sometimes promote admins without telling them. This makes it easy, because when they see they have extra privileges they will come and ask me about it, and I can point them in the right direction for admin guide threads etc. When I do tell them, I usually give them a quick tutorial around everything.

Also, if someone has asked to be admin before, you should take that as a sign that they are desperate and you should probably not make them admin until they have calmed down. A lot of people will ask for it, and when they get it, they get bored of the game mode and leave. A good admin should never ask. Note that players who ask once, get rejected, and continue playing for tens or even hundreds of hours without asking again, will probably be good admins too.

Because they think you will need admins straight away, they go for servers where it would be easier to obtain admin. In fact, during your server's startup is the exact time you should not be hiring admins.

Well, they ask because most of them are kids. You can see by what they talk, like:

Код:
 u pls i want be a admin it's my dream
Me, saying they kids isn't by the offensive way, just telling my thought. About punish depends, and talk rarely works, cause I already tried once with a "kid", and they're extremally lazy and you have to have pacience. Method to give them without asking is simply by seeing what they do, like helping people and showing other players his knowledge of the game. They might ask when a server is new because he has never asked, and have tried on past servers. So, they ever try.

There just noobs.

Thanks for your advice, All.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwave
Посмотреть сообщение
Well, they ask because most of them are kids. You can see by what they talk, like:

Код:
 u pls i want be a admin it's my dream
I'm a kid and I have almost perfect grammar, so you can't say that it can be seen by the way we talk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Coldheart
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm a kid and I have almost perfect grammar, so you can't say that it can be seen by the way we talk.
It was not for offense. But I'm meaning most of them speak like I told. Or then they're just from other country which doesn't speak english. Never found one that would talk perfectly.

I mostly hate the people that fake up something, like "Hello, I am an pro scripter and mapper and site maker, make me owner, and ill help you", sometimes they say it like that and sometimes they say it more childish, And you know, ADMIN = ADMINISTRATOR = MANAGER OF THE SERVER STUFF, Which means, being an admin isn't just to ban or kick people or abusing it FUN commands(which there shouldn't be), but the meaning of admin is that he should be mature and helps the server by making it perfect and manage it to be restful for players to enjoy, not to get higher rank and show up and stuff like that, and by the way being an admin has RESPONSIBILITY, not because your an admin, you can do whatever you want. to be an admin you got to act like an admin(except in RP servers), so for all the "noobs" or "kids" out there, DON'T ASK FOR ADMIN UNLESS YOUR GOOD FOR THAT JOB.

P.S Admin isn't a cool job anyway, Every player quits as an admin, so don't run for nothing.