[FilterScript] Anti-Flood / Anti-Repeat + High Ping Kicker

Hello all,
A while ago I have created two filterscripts, I've just revisited them now.
For starters, it can be a good place - I think -, and you can use it on your servers too.

I don't provide AMX compiled binaries, because it has a few option that can be set at compile-time.

Anti-Flood/Repeat filterscript
High Ping Kicker filterscript

Benevolent, helpful people, uncomprehending starters, carping noob trolls, feel free to comment.

Nice ,good work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoczkaHUN
View Post
High Ping Kicker filterscript
Code:
stock PlayerPingCheck(playerid){
if(GetPlayerPing(playerid)>250)SendClientMessage(playerid,grey,"[SERVER]:You kicked. hight PING!"),Kick(playerid);
return 1;}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandersexxx
View Post
Code:
stock PlayerPingCheck(playerid){
if(GetPlayerPing(playerid)>250)SendClientMessage(playerid,grey,"[SERVER]:You kicked. hight PING!"),Kick(playerid);
return 1;}
Compare yours and mine, then see the difference.

My no worse than the show? If it would change the maximum ping during gaming managering, then yes.

realy nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandersexxx
View Post
My no worse than the show? If it would change the maximum ping during gaming managering, then yes.
Okay. I tell it to you.
It's a simple stock function what you show. It has to be called somewhere.
But, it checks if actual ping is bigger than the maximum, then it kicks the player immediately.
It's not good, because a small packet fragment could happen, the player's ping jumps to 300 for a second, and he gets kicked immediately.
In my filterscript, as you can see, it detects if the ping is higher than the maximum allowed - at multiple updates (default 5). By this way, only players with bad connection (who are actually lagging) gets kicked.

Why would you use OnPlayerUpdate to check for high pings, since ping is updated every 3 or so seconds ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [NoV]LaZ
View Post
Why would you use OnPlayerUpdate to check for high pings, since ping is updated every 3 or so seconds ?
I think it's better to use it in OnPlayerUpdate, rather than 500 timers or 1 timer and player loops.
BTW, I can't find any information related to the ping update time. Maybe it just updates the scoreboard at 3 seconds?
GetPlayerPing must return the actual ping at anytime.

I'd rather use a 5 secs timer rather that OnPlayerUpdate, and I think most people would use a timer if they know how OnPlayerUpdate works. Efficiency; just because there is a callback that is called many times per seconds, doesn't mean you should always use it.