mysql connect problem

hi guys..
I'm having a little problem when trying to connect to my mysql db...
I'm using strickenkid's plugin and it always print:
Код:
Failed to connect. Access denied for 'myname'@'myip'
(I'm just using "myname" and "myip" here. In the console it prints my actual stats)...

So the name is correct. The problem is just the "@'myip'"...
how can I get rid of it?

Are you trying to connect to a remote server, or are you simply trying to connect to a local server on the same machine? If so then just change the IP address to 127.0.0.1.

remote server

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sascha
Посмотреть сообщение
remote server
Are your credentials correct? Also is the remote server setup to allow connections from a remote host, as most MySQL databases don't allow that by default. Also why are you using a remote server? SA-MP servers won't perform very well if you're depending on data that is hosted on remote servers, it will simply take too long to transfer the information.

I don't have a mysql db installed on my pc (at least I think so)... and I want to have access to the data with my website, too...
so for me it's the easiest way to use^^
anyway... ty for the hint.. I totally forgot about the remote permission... I've set it up before, but forgot that I have a dynamic IP -.-

If you're going to be coding the server based on MySQL for player accounts and stuff, you're wasting your time using a remote server. It will simply be too slow, even if the remote server was in the same country, we're talking about a 60ms delay between the information getting back to the SA-MP server.

If you do choose to continue on this bad idea, please make sure you are using threaded queries