conection problem

hi all i have a problem with my server
i'm hosting my server at home in my old laptop & it works fine when i'm using a wifi conection !
but when i've tryed to use ethernet ( for beter conection ) the server dont apear in samp list ! i don't know why but with ethernet it wont work (the port for ethernet are open too )
any solution for that pls

the firewalls are not the problem !
the problem is why my server works perfectly using wifi ! & when i try the ethernet i can't see my server in the samp list ( works in local only caus when i add ":7777" i can see it "... ) i have checked my port & they are open ...
any idea ?

Are you trying to connect to your external IP or internal IP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarServers
View Post
Are you trying to connect to your external IP or internal IP?
external ...

Try using your internal IP.

Localhost ip is: 127.0.0.1 then add the port, like :7777

& you realy think that using an internal ip it's gonna work ?
caus i'm perty sur that internal ip hav nothing to do in my problem

you cant use your own external ip in your own local area network, also note that your WiFi and Ethernet local ip are not the same usually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipy
View Post
you cant use your own external ip in your own local area network, also note that your WiFi and Ethernet local ip are not the same usually.
i have no-ip ... no that's not the problem too ! i know that the problem come from the rooter caus when i was in france i have hosted my server by ethernet

You do not understand, your wireless device and your Ethernet device in your PC can not have the same local ip address(example: 192.168.1.4 or 10.0.0.245).

Also again you cannot connect to your own external ip, you must use the internal. Others can use the external ip.
If you switch your server from wireless to ethernet, it means that the ip of the server changes. so make sure the right port is forwarded and you added the right ip to your server list.