Bandwidth usage for a 35-player server

I know this has been discussed before, but I'm still not quite sure about this.

The server will have 35 open slots and it will be a Role Play server. That being said, there will be several cars around, objects and a lot of messages being sent to the player chat.

So, I am wondering how much bandwidth will be necessary for that. 300GB? Or even more than that?

Also, what would you suggest that I should do? Pay for a VPS with enough bandwidth or pay for a 35 slot server?

Thing is, I'd love to use the default port to make things easier for people.

Thanks in advance.

Depending on how good you are with controlling VPS via command line.
I suggest you look for a server host.

The total traffic of my vps was 40gb in the last month, including server uploads, downloads etc. There are 6-10 servers with 10-30 players constantly running. So 300gb will be a lot, 100gb should be enough by far, even 50gb should do it.
I like to run a VPS, if you know what to do, rent one, as you can use it for way more than just your samp server (website, panels, etc). Else id recommend just buying a samp server, but you couldnt use the default port then of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
View Post
The total traffic of my vps was 40gb in the last month, including server uploads, downloads etc. There are 6-10 servers with 10-30 players constantly running. So 300gb will be a lot, 100gb should be enough by far, even 50gb should do it.
I like to run a VPS, if you know what to do, rent one, as you can use it for way more than just your samp server (website, panels, etc). Else id recommend just buying a samp server, but you couldnt use the default port then of course.
Wow... thanks. I thought I'd need a few hundred gigs per month to keep my server running. Guess I'm going to do what you say, pay for a VPS and use it for a website as well.

Thank you!