Graphic Engine's

Well here is just some jackass question:

What graphic engine wold you use to create free roam game?(like GTA,SAINTS ROW,Mercenaries....)
Oh and it should run on older pc's 1gb ram, 512mb graphic card nVidia 7000 series and cpuc of ~2.0 GHz

Unreal Development Kit includes mostly everything you need.

You cant just run a game from a graphic engine, you need physics engine etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkrabz
Посмотреть сообщение
Unreal Development Kit includes mostly everything you need.

You cant just run a game from a graphic engine, you need physics engine etc.
Yea most of them use PhysX (by nvidia) and i like the Unreal Engine 3 (from what they say)but still its say that you need 2gb ram.. (its not big problem but if its possible to be 1 since im not only one who have just 1gb)
So im looking for other suggestions
Thx in advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFT_HUNTER
Посмотреть сообщение
Yea most of them use PhysX (by nvidia) and i like the Unreal Engine 3 (from what they say)but still its say that you need 2gb ram.. (its not big problem but if its possible to be 1 since im not only one who have just 1gb)
So im looking for other suggestions
Thx in advice!
That's the recommended but if you develop a game that doesn't use much or not graphic intense it's all good. If else fails try XNA.

Check the list here. But open source engine are not so well built for extreme graphics and physics.

some more cryengine 3 games would be awesome

UDK is limiting, I remember looking at / using something else a while ago, but I can't remember the name of it, I remember some small games being developed from it. If I remember the name I'll post here again, it was fully open source though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calg00ne
Посмотреть сообщение
UDK is limiting, I remember looking at / using something else a while ago, but I can't remember the name of it, I remember some small games being developed from it. If I remember the name I'll post here again, it was fully open source though.
Sanctum (A new FPS Tower Defence game) is made in UDK. Awesome game coming out in a few hours.

You can try Unity 3D... I have it but haven't used it

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagie1111
Посмотреть сообщение
You can try Unity 3D... I have it but haven't used it
Thx gonna try it now since i didnt liked UDK