[SUGGESTION] Server Choice IMG files

Because players are being forced to download a servers IMG file, can it not be possible that the server choose what IMG/IDE file is being used?

For Example:
I want to connect to server IP: 127.0.0.1. Before the game is loaded, SAMP.exe will determine what file the server wants to use for the IMG/IDEs and then launch GTASA.exe

It could be placed in the server.cfg and be uploaded to the masterlist or when a person decides to launch the server.

This will be extremely useful because players inevitabely will be playing on multiple servers, some of which will contain compeltely different IMG files, which means the player will have to switch them out every time he switches servers.

Example server.cfg line

"IMG /myserver/myimg.img"
"IMGCOL /myserver/myimgcol.img"
"IDE /myserver/myide.ide"

EDIT: Continued

The client will just have to place the files in the locations given by the server. A server will just have to create a .zip package which will be extracted to the client's main directory

EDIT: Continued again

I thought it would be a clever thing (I'm pretty sure this was suggested earlier) that once the img filed was loaded, the server would then call a callback (OnPlayerLoadFiles ?) with a parameter letting the server know weither or not the file was successfully loaded

Totally agree to this, it's very annoying switch samp.img file everytime I change server... Maybe ask the client to download the img file or not, that could be a nice idea too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimon95
Посмотреть сообщение
Totally agree to this, it's very annoying switch samp.img file everytime I change server... Maybe ask the client to download the img file or not, that could be a nice idea too.
I considered that, but it goes against what SA-MP was meant to do (connecting to a server with no forced downloading), which is actually what they've inevitably done when they let servers control their own IMG files.

They might as well throw in downloadable client .amx scripts too

I've suggested that before and totally agree with this.

Agree with this.

Awesome suggestion. Totally agree!

awesome idea

Best idea i've heard in a while, stopping a that swapping stuff out when you want to play on different servers.