SetVehicleNumberPlate problem

Hi!

I'm updating my script to 0.3 but there is a problem:
A player can get a car in my script with /taxi and his name is then on the numberplate.
In 0.3 he only gets a random numberplate
Could anyone help me?

Here's my script:
Код:
new Float:x,Float:y,Float:z;
GetPlayerPos(playerid,x,y,z);
new taxi=CreateVehicle(420,x+1,y,z,0,7,0,999999);
new name[20];
GetPlayerName(playerid,name,20);
SetVehicleNumberPlate(taxi, name);
SetVehicleToRespawn(taxi);
Thanks for help!
adihash

Your problem is:

SetVehicleNumberPlate was removed in 0.3. That means you can't set any custom numberplates on vehicles anymore.

You can create a 3D text and attach it on a vehicle. One option as a replacement for plates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by $ЂЯĢ
You can create a 3D text and attach it on a vehicle. One option as a replacement for plates.
It'll look awful..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MenaceX^
Quote:
It'll look awful..
Agreed. I don't understand why this feature was removed. Anyone care to explain?

Because it isn't 100% perfected. Although most people can deal with it's 50% perfected state, but if I made a program that only a single, almost useless feature prevented it from be perfect, I'd remove it too.

Next week: "Players are removed in 0.3b".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Fallow / KevKo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MenaceX^
Quote:
It'll look awful..
Agreed. I don't understand why this feature was removed. Anyone care to explain?
I have already done it in another topic.
The new vehicles limit caused this problem, in SP you can have one plate per vehicle model. So if you have a LSPD vehicle with a plate, all of them will have the same. Kye has succeeded to pass through in previous versions but he must have had problems doing it in 0.3a. I'm might sure this will be returned in 0.3b.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoeH
Next week: "Players are removed in 0.3b".
Please, keep using 0.2X and stop complaining in each and every topic. Things which were deleted from 0.3a were deleted with a reason, and SetVehicleNumberPlate is one of those which didn't even work propery in most cases.

here is the problem

Quote:

new Float,Float:y,Float:z;
GetPlayerPos(playerid,x,y,z);
new taxi=CreateVehicle(420,x+1,y,z,0,7,0,999999);
new name[MAX_PLAYER_NAME];
GetPlayerName(playerid,name,sizeof(name));
SetVehicleNumberPlate(taxi, name);
SetVehicleToRespawn(taxi);

you should replace that with your own!