Fast learning

Okey, lets discuss RyDer, user in this forum who improved scripting skills to high level at very, very short time.
I remember him as total newbie who posted questions and answs, also stupid filterscripts but anyway. Ryder this thread is about you and I/We want to know what did you red, where did you learn, how much time did you spent for learning/reading and other things around it.

Ofcourse, i have nothing to do right now, but i would be glad if this thread would stay and would have some answers. I hope Ryder will answer and everyone else would improve themselves by reading them.

It's a matter of time - there are no shortcuts to improve your skills than to practice and perform tests. It also helps greatly if you know other programming languages before starting to code Pawn (especially C-syntax like languages), which I believe RyDeR` did.

Practice makes perfect, or in programming languages, almost perfect. Nobody can be perfect in a programming language, everybody knows that. I'm pretty sure ****** would tell you the same thing. You can only be strive to be better, not perfect. Keep practicing. Dive into code that looks hard to you and dissect it, try to understand it small parts at a time, then put it all together. Then, try making your own version of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krx17
Посмотреть сообщение
Practice makes perfect, or in programming languages, almost perfect. Nobody can be perfect in a programming language, everybody knows that. I'm pretty sure ****** would tell you the same thing. You can only be strive to be better, not perfect. Keep practicing. Dive into code that looks hard to you and dissect it, try to understand it small parts at a time, then put it all together. Then, try making your own version of it.
Exactly there can not be perfect because in most cases there are different ways to get the same result.
I have learned so much, and I remember when i started i didnt think that i would be able to make my own GM from scratch, but now here i am. Im making it only so i can learn more.

You know, the thing is you must be at least lil' bit of smart to put thing together ... Also to have a good knowleadge of the English language ... Well .. As Grim_ said .. There are no shortcuts ... You have to understand small parts at a time ...

EDIT : Everybody starts from down there ... lets say so :

If you build a wall ... You HAVE TO build the 1st row of bricks in order to move on the other one ... If you won't build the 1st one and jump to the 6th .. Well the brick will fall down .. Won't they ? That means you have to learn step by step .. Row by row

i think He's Scripter of Rsrl...

Knowing another programming language helps alot, I know Visual Basic and I understand PAWN better and faster than before I knew VB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreso932
Посмотреть сообщение
Knowing another programming language helps alot, I know Visual Basic and I understand PAWN better and faster than before I knew VB.
Same.

You could use eSteroids, too.

Some people, have the gift of a working brain and common sense, if you have that then you can script easily.

With time and effort, you could be a nice scripter within a week.