Scripted Top View

I thought it would be cool to make an RPG gamemode that's like Neverwinter Nights or Diablo or something like that. So I made this top view script to see if it was worth giving it a shot. Unfortunately it's very jerky and at the vehicle's distance you can't tell if it's on fire or not. So I suppose if I did make this an RPG, it couldn't have vehicles except for scenes or other scripted things (trains) and everything would have to be in interiors that were small enough to be seen from a distance that's good enough to be able to tell which way you're facing. I recorded it on XFire so here's the link.

If someone else want's to give it a shot then that's cool. Ideas can't be stolen anyway =p

ADDED*
It's actually a really neat outlook on the game, like GTA2. It makes the game seem amazingly fake looking. It may not be as cool as third person shooting, but it's a new format to play, and everyone enjoys variety.

I actually like it :P Cameras a bit laggy but would be fun for stunt servers in all honesty "/gta2mode" :P

Yeah, back to GTA2, hehe. Nice!

This view actually reminds me of GangLand.

Old, and crap (unplayable). Your 'new' idea, i made it like 3 years ago :P

You could use area checks on a timer which when the player is in the area it puts the camera above him but at the areas center so the camera is still static (no lagg) then when he leaves this area and goes into the next it switches/updates the cams view point to the new areas center. The camera obviously wouldn't follow the player now though, he would be running about freely in the area and not at the center of the screen but the view which you get is the same it's just not stuck to the player.

i luv the idea
maybe u could use the seifehicle script of seif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny
You could use area checks on a timer which when the player is in the area it puts the camera above him but at the areas center so the camera is still static (no lagg) then when he leaves this area and goes into the next it switches/updates the cams view point to the new areas center. The camera obviously wouldn't follow the player now though, he would be running about freely in the area and not at the center of the screen but the view which you get is the same it's just not stuck to the player.
That was the plan originally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Correlli
Посмотреть сообщение
This view actually reminds me of GangLand.
I am owner of GangLand :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der
Посмотреть сообщение
I am owner of GangLand :P
Thank you for bumping a 1 year thread.