How To Become Great?

Im tired of asking questions, i want to answer questions now! How do you become a great coder, like mick88, robocop, icarus? How? Ive read the wiki tuts but i dont get them, how did yall learn? Plz Help.

I learned by checking at simple filterscripts and then through all the lines understand what's going on. If i didn't know a function then I checked it up on the wiki/forums.

Consistency. Learn the same things over and over until you understand them, it's what I did for some of the more complicated programming/coding languages I know.

By scripting, scripting, scripting, scripting, scripting, scripting, scripting, scripting, scripting, scripting, scripting, scripting, scripting, scripting, scripting, scripting, scripting, scripting, scripting, scripting, scripting, scripting, scripting, scripting, scripting, scripting, scripting, scripting, scripting, scripting, scripting, scripting, scripting, scripting, then scripting and scripting, then in 1 year you will become decent scripter

Well, I learned by looking at SeifAdmin for some time, whenever I needed to do something I always took a look at some code that looked liked it in the SeifAdmin script. During the time, I learnt a bit of how I should create variables, making commands. With time, newer SA-MP versions got released and so I got into different types of functions a bit. Till that part, I did not understand a damn of what I was doing, even thought it worked 60% of the time.

I can't exactly remember how I fully got in the idea of 'how it works', however when I did I could finally understand around 10% of ******'s topics lol. I still learn more each day, so to the point: Continue learning and don't give up. I had times that I didn't script for 8 months or so when I was a beginner scripter. I actually never quite thought of the idea of becoming an advanced scripter, or at least not the level of skill I now possess.

I taught myself just by looking at other peoples problems and learning off them. Oh, and wiki.sa-mp.com comes in usefull too.

It's important to eat the right food.

in the beginning i edited stuff to see how it works out and used logic..
Then after you know, it will be easy. You will know where errors come from and so on.

I read the wiki tutorials etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon
Посмотреть сообщение
Consistency. Learn the same things over and over until you understand them, it's what I did for some of the more complicated programming/coding languages I know.
Seconded. I also learn by doing, failing, doing failing, doing and succeeding...

Remember: Practice makes perfect!