Question on game mode exit

Why do u destroy things anyways? Textdraws, timers?

thought ur exiting. Doesnt it it close them? :P

They'll show for a player who comes in and has the playerid of someone who was viewing the textdraw previously.

but isnt that set on player disconnect rather than on gamemode exit

i told you onplayerdisconnect hidetext draw ongamemodeexit destroy

yeah thisi s not related to that textdraw, but rather, why destroy everything! kill timers! :P when closing gamemode

Intresting question, I've never really tested that, there's some logic in your question though lol.

Only real function of it is when the GAMEMODE is exited (that applies for changing gamemode, too)

If you're changing gamemode, I assume the textdraws you created in the other one may still stay? (also never tested)

If it automaticly destroys the stuff, That's another common example of why you shouldn't copy somebody just because their better than you :P.

If you have time, please test it, I'd be intrested in the results !
Although, I don't know how you'll test it, I assume if you print the data, then read the logs, you'll get your result.

If I have time, I'd also be intrested in testing it, but not today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_
Посмотреть сообщение
Intresting question, I've never really tested that, there's some logic in your question though lol.

Only real function of it is when the GAMEMODE is exited (that applies for changing gamemode, too)

If you're changing gamemode, I assume the textdraws you created in the other one may still stay? (also never tested)

If it automaticly destroys the stuff, That's another common example of why you shouldn't copy somebody just because their better than you :P.

If you have time, please test it, I'd be intrested in the results !
Although, I don't know how you'll test it, I assume if you print the data, then read the logs, you'll get your result.

If I have time, I'd also be intrested in testing it, but not today.
Agreed!!! (subscribing to topic!)

Tested changing my gamemode (it doesnt destroy 2 textdraws out of 5 i have).
did /rcon changemode lvdm
and all textdraws were successfully gone.

So it seems i dont have to destroy shit or kill timers on gamemodeexit?

ok do what you want. This Is just A Warning For The Future to Come When you Learn How To Script Better

Hmm I always did because I thought there would be leftbehinds as in timers looping still and doubling things like objects and whatnot. Thought I never restart my serve with GMX because it can severely bug things sometimes.