Issue with mouse- Possibly SAMP

Alright, I would appreciate any imput here as I've been unsuccesfully trying to solve this for almost a year now.

About a year ago, something funky happend with my SAMP, where I would alt+tab, return, and not be able to look around, or use my mouse at all. I've been able to live with this, although it is a major inconvienence as I am constantly using the forum and hoping back IG. Also, I would like to note that even before I alt+Tab, the SA menu ( Options, Map ect ) doesn't read my mouse at all (I've been using the arrow keys and enter ). Also, my singleplayer SA doesn't read my mouse at all, so thats out of the question. Now my major problem occurs here: When there is a /menu, /inventory or even the player list on a SAMP server- my mouse doesn't pick it up at all and I am unable to scroll through the selection. I have no clue whats going on and desperately need to get this sorted out. Any help would be appreciated guys

Sincerely- Taylor

Side note- I downloaded my SAMP online, not store-bough. Using a wirelss HP mouse on an HP computer. I am also having a problem with there being no dark background to the chatbox, making it difficult to see. Any help on this would also be appreciated.