What Makes A Server Crash?

Hello I have a server called Underground Stunt World. There has been no server crashes for ages and all of a sudden today it crashes about every 5 minutes of use. I don't understand how it can run good for so long then just crap out like that. Contacted ServerFFS and they say it was the script (which was my first guess) I have about 4 looping timers. Not much I guess. So I check the FFS log and it says Too Much RAM too much CPU etc. So I started the server again got up to 15 players while checking the usage before it crashed. Well It crashed when ram was like 3MB and CPU was 4%. Then the logs say too much CPU even though it was 4% prior to the closing. Cleared all bans and accounts and the same thing is still happening. I recompiled everything and replaced my plugins same thing. To me this really is a host issue because it is not using much resources and it was running good until today. Today the server was closed then unstartable with the FFS control panel. After this happened when it was "fixed" it is still crashing but startable. Support still says it is the script even though it has been unmodified for ages.

all of your fs/plugins/includes updated?

I would go ahead and contact them again, explain this issue further. Did you modify anything since the server was working good? If so, you might have done something wrong also, so I would suggest you always backup your script in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurik
all of your fs/plugins/includes updated?
All updated yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCop228™
I would go ahead and contact them again, explain this issue further. Did you modify anything since the server was working good? If so, you might have done something wrong also, so I would suggest you always backup your script in the future.
Nothing has been changed. I also never said I did not backup the server.

Try running one of the default scripts, without any FS's, see how long your server goes without crashing, if it crashes then contact ServerFFS as it's their issue.

If it works, then add the FS's back on, if it continues to work add in your script.

That way you'll know exactly what's causing the issue.