Default Function Variable?

According to Pawno, functions aren't allowed to have default values.. wtf?

Code:
public iniGetString(filename[], key[], sectioned = 0, section[]
To me, that's really stupid. Anyone know another way of doing this? I want the last 2 parameters to be excludable when calling the function. If "sectioned" is excluded, then it will default to 0... From there I can configure the code to not use sections when searching for ini file values.

Ah, ok. What's the difference between public and regular functions, anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deji
easy explanation, public is public and every script can use these functions, everything else is only useable for the script, for a better explanation => pawn-lang.pdf/page 83/public

I can't open PDF files with my current version of Acrobat Reader. And I refuse to use Adobe's new products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♣ Joker ♠
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deji
easy explanation, public is public and every script can use these functions, everything else is only useable for the script, for a better explanation => pawn-lang.pdf/page 83/public
Hmmm i wouldnt say that. If i remember correctly, public makes a function and/or a variable visable to the sa-mp server itself, and also compiles a different way, (by name instead of address) hence why functions used by timers have to be public / same for callremotefunction.

erm back on topic, just change the public to stock, and all will be well.