To the Novocaine Playerbase.... Both Old and New...

To the Novocaine Playerbase.... Both Old and New...

I am aware that this post is long, but I ask that you read it in it's entirety; for the betterment of the server and of Novocaine itself, thank you

As you all are aware, player counts are down. There could be many different reasons for this, and it could be some very few reasons. However, in doing a little bit of digging, I don't think Novocaine is alone in this problem. Team Death Match servers as a whole seem to be the low man on the totem pole. Some of the most popular servers running are not pure TDM or even Clan Wars, which is where Novocaine has shifted due to the ease by which this was possible under the latest revisions of SAMP and because we've heard requests for it since the old .1b days. Even the mighty Partyserver and Littlewhitey's servers, both of which are Hosted servers, have low population counts; so I don't think it's entirely the loss of Official listing that we've dropped in numbers. Some have claimed that SAMP is dying out and people just aren't playing it anymore. This is also not the case, because there are over 4000 people playing this mod at the time of this writing. There are MMORPG's that would love to see numbers like this.

It seems as if Team Death Match servers, and perhaps even Death Match servers as a whole have lost their popularity, and so I come before you in this post to find out what it is YOU want from Novocaine. I know there have been alot of unpopular changes lately and some old running traditions that have always been an arguing point and probably always will be, but these things cannot be claimed as the sole reason behind the numbers dropping, and I'm not trying to dredge up those old arguments and start a new round of fighting.

I'm creating this post to get an honest, frank and open critique started with the people who are visiting this site either for the first time or be you from the old school. The banned and unbanned, past and present players, members and ex-members, friends, enemies and ex-friends; all of you. I want to hear what you want us to do to try and bring our numbers back up. I want no flame wars, no snarky, snide little comments about what one crew feels about another or what one person feels about another. I want to see some respectable, honest critique brought up in here and responded to with equal (and indeed, more) respect. Lay out your arguments and be prepared to defend those arguments if you need to, but do not degenerate into childish bickering. I will not suppress heated discussion, but this is not the place for attacking someone or some group directly. This is for the server and the game mode we run. This is also not a place to cry foul if you have been banned, regardless of reason. If you think there is an administration problem, by all means, say so! However, do not say "I should be unbanned because <insert argument here>". We have a ban appeals section on the main forum for that.

I will moderate the feedback to the best of my ability to try and keep such things as mentioned above to a minimum and I will note where I have edited and why I have edited, if I ever have any need to do so. Most people who've been around these forums long enough should hopefully know me to be at least fair-minded enough to not rip apart someone's entire post and change it's meaning.

Your input will be anonymous. Thanks go to Austin for setting up an easy to use interface that allows you to use a separate web site that will be used to transmit your input (See link below). That way any and all input, critique, suggestions and complaints can be digested fairly and without bias towards you or those you associate yourself with.

This is your chance to tell us what we have done wrong, what we are doing right and what you feel we need to do to bring the Novocaine server back to it's high point of prominence that many of the old school will remember. We want to hear from you... The door is open, all you need to do is walk through. Tell us how to make a better Novocaine....

Thank you in advance for your time and honest opinions
--- [NoV]Pops

http://api.novclan.com/feedback.php

Of course your server's player count has dropped due to the removal of the official list, what did you think was going to happen ? I'm not a novocaine fan/player, so i dont know how your updates are, but i do know players get bored of the doing the same thing over and over. Are there regular updates ? Are these said updates minor, or major updates ? If the server isnt getting a lot of major updates, players will get bored, and will slowly leave one by one. I've only been to the server once time, and that was to check out death ball; I wont get to whiny on you, but i think its kind of silly how the newer players cant access this incredible feature due to not having enough money. It took me ages to simpley get enough money, and survive the drive over there, thats a little sad to me.

If it was my call, i would start branching the server's horizons out. Im not talking about making it a racing or a stunt server, just maybe adding more events like death ball. There are so many good ideas for death matches / team death matches that never get developed due to lack of coding skill. The server obviously has a talented scripter, thats obvious from that once single minigame i played, so its not like lack of skill is an issue.

Like i said, there are a number of DM events and ideas that remain untouched in sa-mp. You could add said features and even keep the same server theme (just takes creativity).

</end boring speech>

Thank you for the response. We do have some stuff similar to what you mentioned being thought through at the moment but nothings really finalized yet.

I'd like to ask that any further responses to this subject to use the link provided so we can have all the information in a single location to better sift through it.

Thanks!

Well i think Novocaine is ok, i only go there to play Deathball tho <3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seif_
I've always loved Novocaine and Partyserver and still respect both servers. I did notice their player count dropped(especially partyserver). It's mostly because DM in SA-MP got boring a little, especially with the sync.
I got a great idea that might fit for Novocaine, if you want I can PM it to you.
DM isn't boring in SA-MP if you are skilled in DM, both servers were good, but not good enough as private training servers due to cheaters and lag, but you can't escape these!

I like novocaine server, its good.

I was always asking myself, why would someone DM on SA:MP where you need to train much to even hit anyone with that sync, not mentioning that there is no headshots, etc.
If you want to DM you can easly find a game which is made only for that (CoD, Battlefield, etc) and enjoy full gaming expirience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by $ЂЯĢ
I was always asking myself, why would someone DM on SA:MP where you need to train much to even hit anyone with that sync, not mentioning that there is no headshots, etc.
If you want to DM you can easly find a game which is made only for that (CoD, Battlefield, etc) and enjoy full gaming expirience.
50% of sa-mp community are DMers

Quote:
Originally Posted by [PTM
MaTrIx4057 ]
50% of sa-mp community are DMers
If you count stunt and freeroam as DM, then your statement is maybe true.

DM alone is not enough for a server.

You should add a few minigames like races apart from the dming.

At this time only servers with:
-stunts
-RP
or
-freeroam with dm, race, minigames and so on
can keep their playercount high.

You can find things like tdm in freeroam servers very often and they have much other things in their mode too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seif_
Quote:
Originally Posted by $�#1071;Ģ
Headshots are possible now, that's one thing Novocaine should add.
Yeah, but with many "if this and this and this don't happen". I still think that SA:MP isn't right place for DM, at least not at this stage.