Who hosting better Linux or Windows?

Hi, main server is using dedicated server: Intel C2Q 2,4GHz, 8GB RAM x2 120GB, Line 100mb/s , and i want ask you who is better for samp server with mysql, windows or linux? Now I'am using Debian 5 OS.

And one more thing, who can fix me problem, offcourse i will pay via paypal. Problem is. Server has 200 slots in server are playing 100 people, when i do 300 or 500 slots, server come down. Error: Segmentation fault. What it can be? if i left 200 slots, people's can't connect becouse server is wrtting: server is full, i understand why? Did someone have some upgrabes or something who let me work better with me server and people's can play.

Thank you, whaiting info.

Windows for me.

Ill go with windows as well.

Linux Good Pings

Quote:
Originally Posted by [GTA
Deadly_Evil ]
Linux , Good pings
I dont think good pings are because you use linux.
That is on connection.

On Topic - Windows

[GTA]Deadly_Evil; I think you will find that it is not the operating system that gives out good pings or bad pings. It is the internet the machine is on. Hosting something on a home Linux computer, doesn't mean the ping will be low, and good. You still need good internet to actually take all the connections, and internet fast enough to give out a good reception.

On-topic; I feel it depends what I'm hosting. I prefer windows hosting overall simply, because it's simple, easy to use, and just overall IMO better. Linux is also good for hosting, but it's more complicated IMO. Overall I think that neither is better than the other, it just depends what suits you as a person more, and your preferences.

Linux is much safer that windows.Windows is good and easy to use but it can get hacked SO easy.Linux is not so "simple" as windows but its still easy,plus Linux is kinda hard to get hacked.So,I''ll say Linux.

EDIT:I belive the best distribution of linux for hosting is CentOS

Its not Linux fault if slightly unstable software is running on it. So it doesn't depend on the quality of the OS. The discussion "Linux vs Windows in hosting" is useless here.

Windows because its easy (altho security sucks
Linux becuz its much more stable and is better if you find yourself in a position that your server is a target for attacks (altho much more harder to learn)

Of course Linux