Dark skins in class selection

1st of all - I did try searching and tried different keys to look it up with - I found only RC9 bugreport topic which is the one I remember back in time.

Problem - dark skins while first hiting class selection.
First possible solution - going in menu before you connect to the server.

Is there any trick to get around this problem ? To have light class selection first time you connect ? Thx for your possible suggestions.

This is behavior of the game itself. My single player GTA:SA is slightly dark until I go into the menu and back out. I don't think this is something that can be fixed by SAMP, and this should be in bug reports anyways.

Ok I was just looking for some script trick .. thats why I put it in there. It was on purpose. Btw thx for info about single player bug - I didn't touch that game for several years now .

Try changing the weather and time

You think that weather 12 and 12:00 isnt bright enough ? . Yeah I did try it .

Try to pick another spot for class selection.

Hey Iam not that lame watch registration date. Thx for trying to help me, but I am more looking for something like some special OnPlayerClassReqest trick or what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainmaker
Hey Iam not that lame watch registration date. Thx for trying to help me, but I am more looking for something like some special OnPlayerClassReqest trick or what.
Are you using a GF Edit? I have seen servers with the GF registration system and the spawn in Otto's cars (I think) whitch makes them dark. But I have seen spots like in A51 and it doesnt make it dark, AFAIK their spawn selection was mapped over sea. Why dont you try that?

Omg told you I am not noob which means I dont use any GF shit.

Anyways. I tried several positions. Around Los Santos / San Fierro bay, on the top of the LightHouse, and currently In front of Los Santos hospital (that one west from big Ammo Nation).

I will try that one with the sea but damn .. I wanted to put it in the city for to let people know where they will play.

Anyway thanks.

I always had this, since the first time I played GTA:SA single player, until this last sa-mp version. The bright settings in the advanced settings menu don't seem to take effect when you restart the game, you have to pause-unpause once for them to take effect. It is more of a GTA issue I think.

I used to have an nvidia card that would do this. I'm sure it something to do with that. I upgraded and it's gone.

The bug report you also speak of, about this issue, I recall had something mentioned about one cause maybe being interiors or something...

Well this is happening to me to, when you enter in the server the skins look all dark, but after pressing F4 and killing myself, the skins just magically came back to normal.

Put one of those |-| Lights around the Spawn? D
---

I've found the solution for this issue, I'm not sure whether it works in class selection though. Try setting interior to 0, and then switch the interior immediately to whatever ID you need. This definitely works once a player has been spawned.

Edit: I didn't notice you have this problem also in interior 0, this occured to me just in interiors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niCe
I've found the solution for this issue, I'm not sure whether it works in class selection though. Try setting interior to 0, and then switch the interior immediately to whatever ID you need. This definitely works once a player has been spawned.

Edit: I didn't notice you have this problem also in interior 0, this occured to me just in interiors.
This didn't work for me on that Character Selection screen, anyone else?