Restarting...

I am a rcon admin on my server, and i have access to the ftp, but, last night the exe crashed, how can i restart it via ftp, if possible?

I do not believe you can restart it by FTP because it is for transferring files and not running applications.

Thats what I thought, but I'm desperate D: .

FTP is made to connect to servers and transfer files or folders to it. It is not made to execute programs or softwares.

You can restart it if you goto its server control panel - and there, you will be able to restart it.

~Hakam.

if its a dedicated server you need root access , if you use a hosting company they will prob have told you how to restart it and stopit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbubl3s
I am a rcon admin on my server, and i have access to the ftp, but, last night the exe crashed, how can i restart it via ftp, if possible?
If you are an rcon admin, just go to the samp.exe open the remote rcon button, type in the password to login. Once it comes up and syays you successfully logged in as RCON, just type gmx then enter and the server will restart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marine
Quote:
If you are an rcon admin, just go to the samp.exe open the remote rcon button, type in the password to login. Once it comes up and syays you successfully logged in as RCON, just type gmx then enter and the server will restart.
GMX Does not restart the server. It reloads the gamemode, It wont reload filterscripts and server configuration, etc.

Seriously, Some people post scripting related services when they got no idea what is 1 + 1 = 2.

No offense.

~Hakam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by »»»Hakam
Quote:
Quote:
GMX Does not restart the server. It reloads the gamemode, It wont reload filterscripts and server configuration, etc.

Seriously, Some people post scripting related services when they got no idea what is 1 + 1 = 2.

No offense.

~Hakam.
You must not be too bright cause i own and run 2 servers. GMX restarts, the server, reloads the filterscripts and everything. Just do a GMX and it will be back online.

You cant access a server's rcon if the exe's crashed...
It's like saying you can use microsoft word on a computer when its turned off.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by »»»Hakam
Quote:
Quote:

No offense.

~Hakam.
You must not be too bright cause i own and run 2 servers. GMX restarts, the server, reloads the filterscripts and everything. Just do a GMX and it will be back online.
No, it doesn't.
It reloads the gamemode.

You can't start the server from RCON if it's down, because... it's down.
The server deals with RCON requests, so if it's not running it can't do anything and you won't be able to connect to it via RCON.